Tamiya KV-1

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Tamiya KV-1

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, I decided to stop here now and call it finished, don´t want to overdo it.

This is the Tamiya KV-1 kit. Painted with Acrylics and oils. Enamel, Pigments and oil washes for the dirt on the hull and the wheels and AK weathering pencils up top. Got the ABER detail set and one or two other detail kits by ABER or Schumo.

Tracks are a bit tight as the adjustment is rather rough for the idler and the track runs better a bit tighter than too loose.

Thanks for watching.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tamiya KV-1

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
This tank is amazingly accurate in detail and 1/1 realistic in appearance. It is certainly the look I will be shooting for when I build the 'Big Barn' KV-2. Thank you for sharing the build and painting process, Soeren. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Soeren Enjoyed the build , a wonderful tank :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Absolutely one of the most realistically painted tanks I've seen and I don't even care for Russian tanks. I must say that the tracks are what really catches my eye. TOTM candidate, man!
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you Painless, Ronnie and Jimster. The tracks are a weak point of those Tamiya tanks. The Nylon doesnt take the paint. Tried different brands, all rubbed off easily. But they have to suffice for now.
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Soeren wrote:Thank you Painless, Ronnie and Jimster. The tracks are a week point of those Tamiya tanks. The Nylon doesnt take the paint. Tried different brands, all rubbed off easily. But they have to suffice for now.
Pretty sure they are POM, aka Delrin (and other trade names) a similar material, but far less hygroscopic. Its an excellent plastic for the job in terms of mechanical properties - but as you say, not great for paint to stick to :|
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Well now I’m even more impressed with the appearance of your tracks. You turned plastic into steel! Witchcraft I say!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Magical! You have some wonderful, and delicate touches there, Soeren. Masterly, in fact. There's much to admire, and much to imitate in your handiwork. For me though, there's just enough detail...the perfect amount. :clap: Any more would be too much. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Magical! You have some wonderful, and delicate touches there, Soeren. Masterly, in fact. There's much to admire, and much to imitate in your handiwork. For me though, there's just enough detail...the perfect amount. :clap: Any more would be too much. :D
Thank you Sir. Indeed I was thinking to use those streaking products on the turret and the newly bought Russian splashed mud on the hull for the finishing touches. But then suddenly felt it was enough already and to stop here. I can still use those products on the next model.

Return to “Show Off”