Tamiya leopard 2A6 restoration

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tomhugill
Captain

Tamiya leopard 2A6 restoration

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

I'm ready to call this leopard 2 build done. I'm not a speedy builder or painter so this has probably taken longer than it ought but I'm pleased with the end result.

Its been built mainly stock with a couple of targeted upgrades, impact metal suspesion arms, idler adjusters, an okmo mg42, a tbu and a SOL crew.

The full builds here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28901

This is where I started

ImageImage

And finished

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya leopard 2A6 restoration

Post by Jimster »

That looks fantastic! The details really pop with that expert pin wash application. The weathering and those figures really turn it into a TOTM candidate. After seeing how good yours turned out I almost wish I hadn’t converted mine into a 2A7+.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya leopard 2A6 restoration

Post by tomhugill »

Thank you Jimster! I wasn't a big fan of the a6 but over the course of this restoration I've come to love it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Return to “Show Off”