Tamiya 1/35 Tanks using my latest ESC improvments

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
modler
Corporal

Tamiya 1/35 Tanks using my latest ESC improvments

Post by modler »

Note: this post may be updated as I get time but for now just putting it out there for your review.

My latest efforts with ESC upgrades. What I have done here is add a aux circuit to a ESC output to add more realistic throttle response\operation to both proportional and non proportional ESC outputs which in this case involves two ESC outputs\motors. I am using a non conventional series wired motors to test the theory of design which simplifies the electronic hardware involved.

The two tanks shown below feature this tech in two forms, NON PRO AND FULL PRO throttle dual ESC's with enhanced throttle ramp down as opposed to sudden stop when throttle released. I have been working on this in my spare time for years and finally have two working prototypes in working condition. These tanks have the stock motors which are 3v motors.

The way this works is..

1. Proportional throttle ESC with RPM ramp up\down circuit. The RPM RAMP circuit allows a speed ramp down which with the stock pro ESC works like a revving diesel\gas motor as opposed to standard electric motor which just stops when throttle released. So it emulates a gas motor with respect to acceleration and deceleration which in my estimation makes it more realistic in its operation.

This makes running these models additive because of the throttle control is similar to a gas engine but in miniature.

Ok more when I get time AND my wife is starting to wonder about how much time I spend with these "toys" that do not bring in a revenue stream :D
Attachments
Both run off 4 cell ni-mh pack or 1 cell lipo or 1 of each that can be switched sort of like switching to external fuel tank.
Both run off 4 cell ni-mh pack or 1 cell lipo or 1 of each that can be switched sort of like switching to external fuel tank.
IMG_5168.JPG (72.4 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Are they IR battle capable? Do they shot BB's" No, But they have an electric drive propulsion system that makes them very fun to drive around up close and if you have someone to operate another with you they will appreciate the realistic motor control as a "Tank driver"
Are they IR battle capable? Do they shot BB's" No, But they have an electric drive propulsion system that makes them very fun to drive around up close and if you have someone to operate another with you they will appreciate the realistic motor control as a "Tank driver"
IMG_5166.JPG (67.41 KiB) Viewed 480 times

Return to “Show Off”