LOCKDOWN BITS & PIECES

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
eddiesolo
Lance Corporal

LOCKDOWN BITS & PIECES

Post by eddiesolo »

Well with the lockdown and me in a shielded state I move from the house to the workshed and back so, I have been working on some bits.

I have done a RC African rebel Toyota as a gun platform, repainted some figures and added some detail parts using checker-plate plasticard, the deck lifts up for the battery, the gun swivels.

I repainted my PAK40 crew and made a box with helmets etc to go with it.

Found a toy quad bike in the bits box and stripped and repainted with a repainted figure and bits added, this is a static piece to go with my African RC.

Other scenery bits are a bridge section for the canal and map-hut-shed, whatever, I repainted this, made a sack cart from a small toy trailer and added plasticard, etc. Also I used a WPL truck cab and old wheels to make a rusty junk pile and a trailer from various spares to go next to one of our barns.

So, keeping busy, and I have some stuff for when we have our home and away club events.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: LOCKDOWN BITS & PIECES

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Excellent :clap: :clap: you have been busy Si :thumbup:

I particularly like the Toyota :thumbup: is that something that is still available to purchase on the World Wide Web?

That's better, I took the liberty of making your pictures visible :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Very cool. I'd really like to see some photos of the bottom of the trailer to see how you put all that together. I can see you used an old wpl bed but the suspension is still a mystery.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
eddiesolo
Lance Corporal

Post by eddiesolo »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Excellent :clap: :clap: you have been busy Si :thumbup:

I particularly like the Toyota :thumbup: is that something that is still available to purchase on the World Wide Web?

That's better, I took the liberty of making your pictures visible :thumbup:
I already replied to you but just before I hit send...my internet went off LOL. We have had a new fence fitted between us and next door, yep, he sliced through the cable, we have only just got it fixed.
So, thank you for redoing the piccies, my storage site just offers links.
Yes, the pickup can be bought online, just look for a 1/16 truck, it is either JJRC or WPL.
Glad you like the stuff, keeps me busy and out the wife's way...well, for a bit.
eddiesolo
Lance Corporal

Post by eddiesolo »

Max-U52 wrote:Very cool. I'd really like to see some photos of the bottom of the trailer to see how you put all that together. I can see you used an old wpl bed but the suspension is still a mystery.
Cheers Max, really appreciate you stopping by and glad you like them.

Correct, the bed is a WPL one the suspension is non function, it is a all moulded chassis that was from a 1/18 diecast truck. As the trailer is not going to be used and just for static display then I didn't need to have it working, although it was a faff cutting and hacking to get it fit.

Return to “Show Off”