Hemmt P802 c/w Crane

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Challenger2Pete
Recruit

Hemmt P802 c/w Crane

Post by Challenger2Pete »

Hi All, just thought i'd post a couple of piccies of my P802 Hemmt c/w crane just finished air brushing the camouflage so no now the clean up of over spray & put the accessories back on next project its trailer......IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!!!
Attachments
20200426_142920_resized_1.jpg
20200426_142843_resized_1.jpg
Challenger 2 Pete
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: Hemmt P802 c/w Crane

Post by PershingLover »

Wow, that is massive! Looks great, too!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Pete I have a HEMMT P803A (Tipper) They are really great trucks, just about every bell and whistle comes as standard including working indicators and boy are they big,
I do like the toolkit and carry case that comes with it.And almost everything is screwed or bolted in place, Hardly any glue being used so that armed with the very detailed handbooks and the provided toolkit taking it apart is a doddle.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Challenger2Pete
Recruit

Hi Jarndice I quite agree loved the tipper one would love to have all the variations as I believe you can get a missle trailer that fires & also a radar tracking station, yes they are very big & well worth the money, only downside ive found is the sound cuts out after about 15 secs if you don't move unless someone knows how to change this so it stays on permanently???
Challenger 2 Pete
Challenger2Pete
Recruit

MAN KAT

This is my other army truck MAN KAT 8x8 c/w sound n lights
Attachments
20191123_153019_resized_1.jpg
Challenger 2 Pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I bought one a while back, and did a fair bit of work on it. Locked all of the diffs with epoxy, fitted 1.9" wheels and 120mm tyres to increase the ground clearance. Made my own non working crane and a few other bits. Fitted more powerful steering servo's. Made a driver out of a Heng Long character. Removed the top of the battery tray for easy access, with a magnetic load deck. Das Mikro Sound system installed. Fitted a better motor (pain in the neck getting at it). Removed the cab roof light. Repainted it green, it was desert camo before. I run it on a 3 channel trigger rx as it makes life easier.

It now climbs like a mountain goat, and rides over rough ground without the diffs catching on everything. Nice trucks, but weigh a ton, a 5000mah 3S lipo drains in an hour or less, so always have to take two with me so that I don't have to carry it back to the car, lol.
Attachments
IMG_20200428_121524.jpg
IMG_20200428_121509.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The HEMMT P803A comes with its own 16 channel digital Proportional Radio Transmitter and it is a Beut.
I really like how under the Bodywork the truck is all metal.
When I was buying it I wondered if I was wasting my money and then it arrived and any doubts disappeared,It really is well worth it. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Have you modified the crane extension ,seen it on youtube its very slow. The only thing i have seen about this model i dont like just wonder if there is a mod to make it faster.

regards pete
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

:thumbup: 8) Nice job on the camo.... I was wondering what scale this is and is it proportional to trailer a 1/16 scale Tank?

You can call me Will:

Return to “Show Off”