...a couple more halftracks...

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: ...a couple more halftracks...

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well, the complainers can always go to Shape Ways :thumbup:

Oh well, guess I'll be cutting up some waste pipe then.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

frankie wrote:...not only that, but these are home made and not commercial quality...I have done a couple of bits and bobs before for people with the understanding that they weren’t the most accurate and didn’t have masses of detail only to have them complain that they weren’t accurate and lacked detail... :lolno:
^ Also this. Some people see a print online and imagine a (insert kit manufacturer of your choice here) quality item that they can just slap together and have themselves a perfect replica.

As you know ;) (but throwing this out here for general audience) we 3D printers make models for ourselves (and sometimes for our friends :shh: ), but we are not a commercial enterprise and we don't print prototypes beyond what we need to in order for us to assemble them to our satisfaction. We also don't compile detailed instructions for obvious reasons.

I'd love to live in a world where we could all share our CAD files, but the sad reality is that there will always be those guys who decide to print or sell somebody else's models for their own profit, and then the others who download or buy our prints and slag us off because we not have met their unrealistically high expectations :S
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The canopies are magnificent Mr Frankie.
What material did you use and how did you get the shape & drape to stay put?
Aircraft fabric dope ???!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

The canvas is just household cloth...painted with tamiya acrylics..the more coats they have the stiffer they are so hold their shape...
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Damn you for making it so simple !
Was expecting a full on science :/ ;)
Next thing, what are you doing with all the spare .50 Quad sets ?? :shifty: :shh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Giving them to me for nefarious purposes i hope.. @) @)
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Anyone who’s owned one of the m16s knows that the chances of removing an intact set after 10mins of :lolno: :lolno: use is next to impossible
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

frankie wrote:Anyone who’s owned one of the m16s knows that the chances of removing an intact set after 10mins of :lolno: :lolno: use is next to impossible
Oh, that's a shame, I had an idea for a set :(

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Not sure many people have had the chance to buy any. You keep buying them all
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Not sure many people have had the chance to buy any. You keep buying them all
Well, they've been around for a while now, I've got a couple.
Forgebear and Haya still have some in stock, nothing stopping you getting any before Frankie gets them :thumbup:

Return to “Show Off”