Lockdown Tank club.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
PershingLover
Corporal

Re: Lockdown Tank club.

Post by PershingLover »

Those spider things are "Space Warriors" off Banggood. Someone on Youtube created a Thomas the Tank Engine Flamethrower monstrosity.

Painless, can you post a link to your "In the Mood" build/ show off? It's one of my favorites tanks..
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

* Gets in the 'Way Back' Machine*

Build: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12575
Showoff: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12953

regards and thanks for the interest!
Painless
Attachments
In The Mood is In The Mood.jpg
In The Mood is In The Mood.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

My efforts for today have been to build a prototype part of the early m4a1 suspension so that my dad can get it drawn up and printed.

This is what was produced.

I haven’t bothered to tidy it up the printer can do that
Attachments
5C6AFAAD-46B3-4C5A-A108-2CE4036C28DA.jpeg
5C6AFAAD-46B3-4C5A-A108-2CE4036C28DA.jpeg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:It looks great, Highlander, but what are you doing now?

I'm still on this trailer, almost ready to put the thread together. I don't have much ready for the forum yet, but here's 51 seconds on the double diamond plate I'm using.

phpBB [video]

I like the thread concept. A lot of us are pretty much stuck at home, posting photos of what we're up to will help us get to the end of this foolishment. @)

10 points if you know where I got that word. :haha: :haha:

In case the plate wasn't boring enough for ya, here's a couple more minutes on the truck. Since this video I've pretty much finished it, but still haven't done the video. The trailer is almost done, just have to secure the ramps to the shaft and the worm shaft in it's place, but that's almost done, too, and I built one very sturdy box for it and confidence is high.

phpBB [video]

When it's finished I'll post more, and I might enter it in the TOTM, but the main point of the project was to put together something cool that any one of us could do. Most of it is off-the-shelf, and the few specialty pieces I can help with if anyone else wants a crack.

:D I was posting a pic of what I did Then, Gary, as a current activity. Much of my present appears to be composed of the past- since the Future's a such grey area...and best not contemplated. I have several unfinished project threads (Comet, Cromwell, Tamiya Pz IV. Tamiya Tiger 1, Tamiya Jagdpanther, and so on)- but much of the work on those is going to involve paint spraying, and this will be contingent on having calm, sunny conditions. It's likely to be a couple of months yet before the Highlands is blessed with airbrushing weather (I have no workshop for that purpose) So....I thought I'd post a pic of a Summer's day in the garden :thumbup:
Edit: right now, I'm looking admiringly at your truck! Keep on truckin' you old hippy :D Or, maybe- as you Yanks used to say (out of necessity): 'Duck and Cover!!'...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Well, I might as well throw in my Pershing! It's running on the back deck, and a small garden. I might try and edit them later. If I do, I'll post them.
Attachments
Unfortunately, the hook on the left was never seen again...
Unfortunately, the hook on the left was never seen again...
Pershing 3.JPG (53.46 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Garden Warfare
Garden Warfare
Pershind 2.JPG (58.11 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
On the "Autobahn"
On the "Autobahn"
Pershing 1.JPG (35.87 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Don’t know if this qualifies but I’m trying out my new Elmod Fusion Pro and Taranis QX7 for my Tiger 1. I still need to figure out how to customize the switches and joysticks. It’s hard for me to get used to throttle on left stick and steering on the right stick. I want throttle and steering both on the right stick and all turret/gun elevation on the left stick. Anyhoos. Here’s a quick backyard maneuver video. I’ve got better gearboxes on the way.
https://youtu.be/3TlJL_kJDpk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

You should be able to change the stick controls by swapping the leads around on the receiver.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If I can expand on the concept just a bit, I got to thinking about what I should be doing, what I would be doin' if I weren't so lazy. So anyway, here's some of the stuff in the wings that might be gotten around to during the lockdown.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

jimbo_wa wrote:I've been working on 4x sets of 1/35th electronics now that most of my deliveries have arrived.

Top left is for the Tamiya Tiger I with high torque 130 motors and brass pinions, bottom left is a 1S 5A ESC proof of concept for turret rotation.
Centre is the Type 10 gearbox and an additional ESC/Rx combo for the M60A2.
Right side is the Tamiya Centurion lower that's now waiting for a set of 6v 140/1 motors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lookin good :D

I am liking those dual ESC's you have there.
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

43rdRecceReg wrote:This was my first build, five years ago:- a Tiger 1 built mostly from Taigen parts (metal chassis, etc.,), but with Taigen Airsoft Barrel Recoil feature, and IBU2. The winter camo I painted it in doesn't quite work in a Summer garden, but hey...it's not in a real (1/16) War! :D , but still here it is taking up a commanding position above my garden/battlefield. This one's not for the critical eye (Shaun!).It was my first attempt at daubing one, as well as building one.
Tiger 1-Winter camo.jpeg
Aaaa’ thought for a moment it was hiding up high from Graboids! :haha:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition

Return to “Show Off”