3 Tamiya 1/35 Tigers 1970 Vintage Radio Remote Control

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Corporal

3 Tamiya 1/35 Tigers 1970 Vintage Radio Remote Control

Post by modler »

I have owned this grey Tiger a long time, 34 years and have used it as a test bed for experimental electronic speed control experiments and somewhere along the line lost the original box and parts needed to complete the outer body.

Grey Tiger Specs.
the original 1.4 ohm motors have been switched out to 4 ohm.
motors are in single source current, parallel drive configuration.
2.4 ghz simple function 2 channel radio gear from ebay donor model.
custom ESC with pulse proportional throttle.
L\R turning opposite track speed is tunable

Here is a video of the model climbing a narrow inclined obstacle..
https://youtu.be/9j_phaE16VI

I have 3 of these 1970 vintage Tiger motorized remote control models. One is new in the box. Also I bought a used one from ebay for parts but fixed it up and got it running with individual linked track. I will post info on all 3 in this thread 3 Tigers.

I will talk about all three of these models here and discus the custom ESC and very simple 2 channel 2.4ghz radio system as time allows :D

I will describe how to transplant a simple and inexpensive 2.4ghz to the Tiger. This radio gear allows precise control of the Tiger as seen in the video posted above.
Attachments
ebay 2.4ghz radio gear donor model  $15
ebay 2.4ghz radio gear donor model $15
IMG_4916.JPG (98.3 KiB) Viewed 366 times
2.4 ghz receiver has a short antenna and very good range.
2.4 ghz receiver has a short antenna and very good range.
IMG_4915 (1).JPG (78.27 KiB) Viewed 366 times
2.4 ghz radio from a $15 ebay tractor trailer toy is used in this Tiger for interference free operation.
2.4 ghz radio from a $15 ebay tractor trailer toy is used in this Tiger for interference free operation.
IMG_4911.JPG (61.52 KiB) Viewed 366 times
1970 vintage.
1970 vintage.
NIB dual motor remote control Tiger.
NIB dual motor remote control Tiger.
Got this one from ebay for parts but fixed it up instead. Added Tamiya individual link tracks..
Got this one from ebay for parts but fixed it up instead. Added Tamiya individual link tracks..
Owned for 34 years. Lost the parts to finish the outer body.
Owned for 34 years. Lost the parts to finish the outer body.
IMG_4907.JPG (82.71 KiB) Viewed 410 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”