Tamiya 1/35 1971 Centurion MkIII SM motorized to DM DSM2 RRC

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

Re: Tamiya 1/35 1971 Centurion MkIII SM motorized to DM DSM2

Post by modler »

jimbo_wa wrote:Not sure if you've seen these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300831 ... 4c4drXNe7V?

I'm waiting on set of 4x to be sent out and will let you know what they're like - space matters in these builds! 8|

I'm hoping that they will work OK on 1S as well...

I also have one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297547 ... 4c4drXNe7V for another build, but it's much more expensive and I'm still waiting for motors to arrive.
jimbo, That first link you show pretty much has every Tank that I know of and normally see on sites like ebay. The second link shows a very interesting space saving ESC that includes connectors. I only wish they would supply 1.5mm micro JST as those red full size JST are just too big and the wire quality and diameter is not right for 1/35 scale. I recently accidentally made a connection mistake causing a dead short of the power supply rails and the micro JST wire on the 4 cell battery supply burned in half like a fuse saving the equipment from damage I was working on. I will locate a link for the micro JST connector sets that I use here and will post asap.

I have been looking at the ESC's as well but they seem a bit expensive but then I have not tried one yet. The ones I use in this thread cost 7-10 dollars with free shipping from ebay but are not as small hence the reason I rewire them to save space.
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

I have built a new DSM2 radio setup that I will instal in a Tank here soon but for now, I will post a video of the tank that is the Topic of this thread with a recent DSM2 upgrade.

The Centurion MkIII with the DSM2 upgrade is very nice with its smooth operation here...
https://youtu.be/cUA_oILAsqU
Attachments
I used a external mixer board on this one but it also can be done with TX elevon programming with a throttle mix.
I used a external mixer board on this one but it also can be done with TX elevon programming with a throttle mix.
IMG_4599.JPG (55.22 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
DSM2 upgrade complete on this Tank.
DSM2 upgrade complete on this Tank.
IMG_4600.JPG (84.18 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Last edited by modler on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

modler wrote:
jimbo_wa wrote:Not sure if you've seen these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300831 ... 4c4drXNe7V?
jimbo, That first link you show pretty much has every Tank that I know of and normally see on sites like ebay.

I have been looking at the ESC's as well but they seem a bit expensive but then I have not tried one yet. The ones I use in this thread cost 7-10 dollars with free shipping from ebay but are not as small hence the reason I rewire them to save space.
Well the ESC's have arrived and I'm really happy with them - I've replaced/shortened all the connectors and they have very good proportional control with decent motors. They have single track turning with small stick input, and 'super-spin' with more input. The power off speed is also very cool as if there's an inertia setting applied.

Videos are on my build page: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29098
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

I finally finished this wonderful model. I would have to say it is my favorite Tank at this time. The removable skirts make it unique from any other that I have built thus far in this scale.

Next is decals :D
Attachments
This thing is cool!
This thing is cool!
IMG_4889.JPG (60 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
Skirts are removable.
Skirts are removable.
IMG_4881.JPG (90.08 KiB) Viewed 1440 times

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”