Panzer III Ausf M.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Panzer III Ausf M.

Post by Kaczor »

Hello everyone. This is my first build - Heng Long Panzer III modified to Ausf M. version. Modifictions include: proper size gun barrell, new muffler, removal of side escape hatches, Bosch lamps, smoke launchers and some minor details. Rest is mostly Heng Long except metal wheels and tracks from Taigen.
Attachments
IMG_202001137_182958-1280x719.jpg
IMG_20200117_182929-1280x719.jpg
IMG_20200117_182958-1280x719.jpg
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Panzer III Ausf M.

Post by Jimster »

Looks nice. My next tank will probably be a Panzer III.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very nice tank. Panzer III always fun to modify and build
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Very nice work, :thumbup:
My view of the PZ111 and the PZ4 has been irrevocably altered by Taigens major reworking of the Panzer4 Turret, It now rivals Tamiyas take on that tank and the silhouette is now not only accurate (At Last) but makes the work that we have all put into the earlier pressings seem like wasted effort.
I have tried to purchase a new Heng Long PZ4 Body but all that is available is the Taigen PZ4 body,
I assume that is because Heng Long are redesigning their version which hopefully will include a new Turret as well as a Variant 6.0/1 MFU.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

I'm wainting for Trumpeter Panzer III which was annouced recently. Heng Long turret is oversized (especially bin on the back), wheels are in wrong positions etc.
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

your model looks great , your first build really ? will wait for your second :)

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

My first finished build in 1/16. I'm modeller from some time but I've never made anything worth showing ;) Next project in progress is Oddball's Sherman.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Really well done!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Very nice work, :thumbup:
My view of the PZ111 and the PZ4 has been irrevocably altered by Taigens major reworking of the Panzer4 Turret, It now rivals Tamiyas take on that tank and the silhouette is now not only accurate (At Last) but makes the work that we have all put into the earlier pressings seem like wasted effort.
I have tried to purchase a new Heng Long PZ4 Body but all that is available is the Taigen PZ4 body,
I assume that is because Heng Long are redesigning their version which hopefully will include a new Turret as well as a Variant 6.0/1 MFU.
You seem to have forgotten the glaring (level) error in the Taigen and HL Pz IV's engine deck, Shaun; but, yes, evidence elsewhere shows that Taigen has been listening. :)

That's a lovely looking Pz 111, Kaczor. :thumbup: I really appreciate the subtle natural wear touches you've applied to it. :thumbup: It looks like the real thing; but seen from a distance. :D
Rustbuckets just don't look authentic at all to me, and it's good to see you didn't haven't fallen into that over-the-top weathering trap. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Thank you all for kind words.
43rdRecceReg wrote:
jarndice wrote:That's a lovely looking Pz 111, Kaczor. :thumbup: I really appreciate the subtle natural wear touches you've applied to it. :thumbup: It looks like the real thing; but seen from a distance. :D
Rustbuckets just don't look authentic at all to me, and it's good to see you didn't haven't fallen into that over-the-top weathering trap. :thumbup:
Real tanks didn't have time to rust and be heavy beaten. Also crews cleaned and maintained them often.

Return to “Show Off”