Tamiya motorized 1/35 Semi Track Sd.Kfz7 >RRC

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Corporal

Re: Tamiya motorized 1/35 Semi Track Sd.Kfz7 >RRC

Post by modler »

Jimster wrote:I think with paint and weathering your body panels/hood would look just right for a hard working piece of German war machinery. Whatever you decide to do I’m sure it will be a nice model.
Oh ok, thanks for the tip on weathering, that may straighten it out. I just saw this vehicle in action on the Dirty Dozen last night :D Super cool machine.
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Managed to do a video of the Semi Track. It is not easy driving it and recording at the same time.

In this video the S-Track is powered by a 2s lipo and will go faster than the scale like speed shown in the video but that is risky when doing a white table run shooting video because one wrong move and off the table it goes to a hard floor which would certainly end its carrier as a RRC model :'(

So I present this video of the Tamiya 8 Ton Semi Track on the white table. https://youtu.be/srGVVRLsvHI
Attachments
Shown here are 2 other 1/35 Semi Trac builds from some time back. I now feel that these were crude attempts compared to my latest effort.
Shown here are 2 other 1/35 Semi Trac builds from some time back. I now feel that these were crude attempts compared to my latest effort.
IMG_3969 (1).JPG (73.61 KiB) Viewed 734 times
3 semi track military vehicles in my collection
3 semi track military vehicles in my collection
Finally, a real 1/35 scale Half Track that is not something I pieced together from "Toy parts"
Finally, a real 1/35 scale Half Track that is not something I pieced together from "Toy parts"
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Excellent. I doff my hat to you.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Excellent. I doff my hat to you.
Thanks you so much for the kind words. This is the first time I have heard this expression. I do so enjoy sharing my hobby interests with the international community of model RRC enthusiasts.

Here is the white table Semi Track video again.

https://youtu.be/srGVVRLsvHI
Attachments
That stock front end that has had a servoe added works very good. Here you can see some suspension travel. This is how I like to see a RRC model look, like it was not modified but has full RRC function.
That stock front end that has had a servoe added works very good. Here you can see some suspension travel. This is how I like to see a RRC model look, like it was not modified but has full RRC function.
IMG_4328.JPG (98.87 KiB) Viewed 703 times
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

I decided to finish the assembly of this model today but first here is a video of the Halftrack climbing the hill.

https://youtu.be/E3PszowdX6U

I finally have it perfected mechanically and now time to finish the model. I also got the factory on\off switch working.
Attachments
nice deflection in that stock front axle assembly keeps at least one wheel on the ground for decent steering control.
nice deflection in that stock front axle assembly keeps at least one wheel on the ground for decent steering control.
IMG_5127.JPG (97.95 KiB) Viewed 625 times
factory on\off switch
factory on\off switch
IMG_5121.JPG (90.48 KiB) Viewed 630 times
IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5119 (1).JPG
IMG_5119 (1).JPG (65.32 KiB) Viewed 630 times
IMG_5118.JPG
IMG_5118.JPG (68 KiB) Viewed 630 times
battery connector
battery connector
IMG_5117.JPG (73.53 KiB) Viewed 630 times