Tanks crawling.....

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Re: Tanks crawling.....

Post by roy.kendall123 »

Kaczor wrote:NIce, realistic crawling. BUT doing it only by electronics could cause problems (as stated above). First things to change are gearboxes. In my Sherman I have last gear changed. Now it have bigger torque and less power consumption.
I like the idea, and it looks like a solution to my problem to get the Churchill bridgelayer I am in the process of making to run slow at the correct speed.The problem is henglong seem to have made the gear and adjoining gear in one casting.looking through the gear charts a 40 tooth x1" gear is not standard so it looks like I will have to attempt to make two, seeing as I have never made a gear in my life it will be a experience! Regards Roy

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Yes. Gear was cut and reasembled. Fortunately my father have lathe and other tools and he is good with it ;)
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Kaczor wrote:NIce, realistic crawling. BUT doing it only by electronics could cause problems (as stated above). First things to change are gearboxes. In my Sherman I have last gear changed. Now it have bigger torque and less power consumption.
That is the reason for the new patented ultrasonic FET's that are designed to allow this type of movement with no damage to the electronics. It is fusing issues no the mechanics of the board itself...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “Show Off”