Very late war Stug G

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tomhugill
Captain

Very late war Stug G

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

Finally ready to call the stug done.

She's running an asiatam metal chassis, metal wheels, sprockets and idlers, taigen metal tracks. Tank modellbau barrel, loaders hatch opened up, engine deck rebuilt to correct dimensions with metal opening hatches, transmission hatches opened up with metal hatches, scratch built stowage rack with spare wheels, gun travel lock, antenna holders, antennas, barrel cleaning rods, jack block, detailed jack and mount (jack was kit bashed to make it more accurate and detailed), atak saukoff and extra armour, working convoy lamp, detailed shapeways clamps, wooded tool handles, photo etch chequer plate, scratch built remote machine gun with aber barrel. Hidden IR emitter in the driver's hatch, scratch built spare track holder, tank modellbau pendulum skirts, custom painted figure (figure from Mitsubishievo on eBay), load of stowage from value gear and my bits box, the tarps made from lead foil, phew think that's everything.

She's running an IBU 2 with custom electrical installation, speaker and battery box.

Build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26255

Video:

phpBB [video]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Very late war Stug G

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Yet another masterpiece. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Just absolutely stunning :thumbup:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
adz955
Recruit

Post by adz955 »

This looks beyond amazing! Your figure painting is excellent too.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That could be a Hollywood movie miniature! You could definitely get a job creating models for the film industry. I get tired of all the CGI used in movie special effects. Excellent job!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom is indeed a very talented and accomplished builder. I always find his builds to be outstanding and this stug is another example of that :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Now THAT is model making, great work indeed.
I never finish anyth
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

That’s absolutely amazing, your finish and detailing is superlative. You have incredible skills there.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Are you using a resistor on your convoy light and is it hooked up to your headlight wiring?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Jimster wrote:Are you using a resistor on your convoy light and is it hooked up to your headlight wiring?
No resistor needed for the ibu

Return to “Show Off”