Taigen Tiger I mid Metal Edition has arrived.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Ragnar
Corporal

Taigen Tiger I mid Metal Edition has arrived.

Post by Ragnar »

Introducing my 2nd tank The Iron Knight. Number to be assigned. :haha:
Just finished unboxing it this evening and gave the battery’a partial charge to check its systems.
1st thing was shutting off the track recoil and putting a slight dab of white plastic compatible grease on the gears and turret rotation gear,
After giving it a short 10-15 min. Test here inside the house am going to give it a 4 out of 5 star rating.
The metal edition Tiger mid with airsoft and barrel recoil itself rates a perfect 5 Stars, still evaluating the controller but it seems to be a keeper. Only have the controller from my Inexpensive Heng Long Panzer III to compare it to.
The charger with this $500+ tank imho is a piece of crap. The charger I received with my panzer III
Is a better unit than came with this tank. Shame on you Taigen ya definitely dropped the ball here.
Anyways ordered a better charger from IMEX. So that problem should be solved.
Looking forward to really putting this baby through it paces in the near future,though it may have to wait for the weather to moderate. 110 + degrees temperatures are not conducive to 75 yr old tankers lol.
Paint is excellent as max-U52 has mentioned,the motors,gearbox give great slow speed operation and the electronic’s and sound are outstanding.
Have to give gary a hardy thank you for his recommending this tank to me,while I’ve always been a fan of the Tigers seeing some of the reviews on the early Heng Longs problems kinda put me off on choosing one of them ,two thumbs up Gary.
K it’s 11 pm here time for old guys to hit the rack good night all.

Larry.
Attachments
D435DC65-75E2-47C8-93C1-63961C63A3F3.jpeg
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Taigen Tiger I mid Metal Edition has arrived.

Post by Max-U52 »

Glad to hear it got there safely. Sometimes the Postal Service can be our worst enemy. Pretty much all of the stock Chargers that come with the tanks are junk and should immediately be thrown away. Glad to hear you got a decent charger on the way, that's half the battle.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

That looks lovely
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

One thing......don’t run over your own or I guess anyone else’s foot with this Beast
IT HURTS!! :haha:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Really nice tanks, I am thinking of getting the late version at some point...though another Jagdpanther is also on the cards. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Pretty soon time to get to work ,
Attachments
20190808_232438.jpg
20190808_232438.jpg (58.89 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Well the Iron Knight has an official identity .

Red 13
Attachments
20190808_232106.jpg
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Looking good, I need to start work on my mid edition Tiger. Just waiting on a large number of upgrades to reach my door, then it's onto build time.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That looks very good, Larry. Looks like you're almost ready to start on that King Tiger. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Show Off”