M50 redux

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tomhugill
Captain

M50 redux

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks,

My M50 has been languishing on a shelf for near 3 years after having the IBU pinched, and a stalled attempt to improve the recoil and a failed flash.

I've finally got round to having another look at her after picking up a couple of IBU2 ultimate full option boards.

The main thing was sorting the recoil, originally the way the servo was setup the barrel would twist when it recoiled. To fix this I cut a groove in one of the bullheads and attached a small baton to the barrel to prevent twisting.
I've replaced the failed tamiya elevation with the trusty henglong stug unit so I now have working elevation (hurrah). New led flash fitted and I've replaced the old tamiya motor plugs with henglong ones so no adapters needed.

To round things off I've used the IBU Sherman diesel sound set (not quite correct but close).

The IBU 2 ultimate seems to drive much better than the one I had when they first came out, the annoying delay in starting seems to have gone, of at least much reduced and the steering and slow speed control are excellent.

The wiring still needs tidying so please forgive that in the pictures!

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: M50 redux

Post by BarryC »

That is an awesome looking M50 Tom! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Simply outstanding job
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

That’s so good
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Nice clean interior set up and electronics . I really like the cast effect on the turret. TOTM material.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom I did notice that improvement with the IBU2U when you ran this one. Where did you source the spotlight and those lovely antennas?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Tom I did notice that improvement with the IBU2U when you ran this one. Where did you source the spotlight and those lovely antennas?
Hey Carl, the antennas are tamiya ones with a proper spring added, the spot lights from.woz

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you Tom

Return to “Show Off”