Oooops

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Zed750Jay
Recruit

Oooops

Post by Zed750Jay »

Out messing about with a local meet. Pushed the HL Pz IV a tadge farImage. Managed to break the tracks 3 times while out on the trails.
Now here is a question for people. If the RC crawlers go ‘crawling’ do the RC tanks go ‘tracking’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ragnar
Corporal

Re: Oooops

Post by Ragnar »

Are you sure it wasn’t a GI sticky bomb!! :haha:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It's usually stones caught in the tracks that break them, if the tracks stop moving, always stop the tank and remove the stones. If you keep using the throttle stick you are powering stalled motors, which produces maximum amps through the control board, and you run the risk of blowing the board. I always keep an eye on the tracks, if one stops rotating I stop the tank immediately and go and check. Grass or stones can cause the problem. :'(
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Zed750Jay
Recruit

Post by Zed750Jay »

Yep, the patch of fine sand had small stones in which the tracks would pick up when we were slewing the tanks. Normally I drive mine at a lot slower speed than that night but we were in ‘hold my beer, I got this’ mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “Show Off”