Leningrad Tiger

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Leningrad Tiger

Post by Jimster »

Just a fun pic my wife took this evening of my Initial production Tiger project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Leningrad Tiger

Post by Ad Lav »

Unique Tiger - good work :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jeez mate, not bad for a quick jolly with the camera !!
Such a great tank :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's always refreshing to see something a little out of the ordinary. :thumbup: Nicely snapped too, with that blurred background (using aperture priority F1.2, or a macro?)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks for the kind words. I’ve been putting some effort into modeling an initial production Tiger and I’ve learned a lot along the way. I just don’t see very many of these modeled in 1/16 scale. Maybe one or two at most.
The photo was taken with an iPhone set to Portrait Mode.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

While we’re one the subject, here’s a pic of my resin tank commander who is nervous about Russian snipers and always keeps his weapon at the ready. The suburbs of Leningrad was a dangerous area!Image

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ha! That’s very true. This may have been his very last photo 8O
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Wardog wrote:Snapshot or not,his got a fine looking hat.A sniper would aim for a hat like that,but his not real! :thumbup:
A sniper would aim for the shadow BELOW the hat!! @) @)
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:While we’re one the subject, here’s a pic of my resin tank commander who is nervous about Russian snipers and always keeps his weapon at the ready. The suburbs of Leningrad was a dangerous area!Image

Another nice composition with your iPhone :thumbup: Come to think of it, most of the pics I post here were taken with mine. As an historical aside, I don't think German Tigers ever got within the suburbs of Leningrad, even though German forces besieged the city for three years. 8O Stalingrad was the real killing ground for inquisitive tank commanders, and every other type of German serviceman, I'd suggest... :D

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That’s good to know. I’m trying to come up with a diorama idea so that eliminates a brick strewn urban setting.

Return to “Show Off”