Leningrad Tiger

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: Leningrad Tiger

Post by sassgrunt »

If this link works, it should give you some idea about what the hub looked like with the wheel removed: http://tiger1.info/EN/RM-roadwheels.html
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I think this is an example of the type of Tiger Shaun was referring to. This one is associated with Otto Carius, I believe:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks for the links, gentlemen. It seems that in some photos I’ve seen that what I’ve made is close enough. Other photos show a much more recessed, smaller diameter section. I guess it depended how much hardware was removed. Hmmm.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I should’ve read Herman Bix’s post More closely. I need a smaller diameter hub with bolt holes instead of bolt castings. A much easier fix.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Oh hell, Wardog. If I didn’t want a critical eye I wouldn’t post so many pics. I’m not thin skinned. I’ve learned so much stuff on this forum and I appreciate all comments, good or otherwise. My main problem is getting in a hurry with everything. I need to slow down. :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks to the generosity of sassgrunt I now have proper hubs where I removed my road wheels. The real ones were set further back but that would rub the rubber tires on the adjacent wheels. I can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Wonderful piece of model :)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D as the old saying goes: "If at first you don't succeed..."
You've demonstrated the necessary skills to try again, and get the result you'd be satisfied with. :thumbup: Mind you, tinkering can become a bit obsessive. Some tank models look good, as others will note; but in the enhancer's
eyes, they're never quite finished. :D They're perma-projects. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very hot today but I took my Tiger out for some maneuvers among the flower beds. I’ve added a dark brown wash along seams and other surface details to add some realism.
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Every time I check in this tank looks better and better! Sometimes I dont know when to stop with my builds and I'm afraid I may overdo it, but you have accomplished such an outstanding build with simple subtle changes :thumbup: Keep it up.

Cant wait to see your next build.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Show Off”