Family pics

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Robert45
Recruit

Family pics

Post by Robert45 »

My father-in-law who has passed left me some souvenirs of his service.

One of them seems to be a mark IV. He spent most of his time in Russia in '42 and '43. He was the radio guy next to the driver.

I am going to try and make the mark IV I have like the picture.
Attachments
20190416_153109_resized.jpg
20190416_153509_resized.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Family pics

Post by c.rainford73 »

Robert some stunning pieces and a great piece of history thank you for sharing this with us :wave:

So many of these men who served on both sides during the war have sadly left us.

R.I.P.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yes, thank you for sharing Robert :thumbup:
You didn't have to cover the emblem for our benefit, I think we're all grown up here and look at it historically.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick I was thinking how its a pity that an award for gallantry has to be obscured for reasons of political correctness.
Although from this particular ex-serviceman I never rated medals all that highly indeed I sold one for the dollar equivalent of £14 to buy a few beers :problem:
I wouldn't recommend it, The Sgt Major wanted to know where it was on the following Queens Birthday Parade. :{
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Show Off”