DKLM/OMKO Design Churchill Mk VII

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: DKLM/OMKO Design Churchill Mk VII

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

You've done a fantastic job there Michael :clap: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Is that a servo-controlled MG, that fires and moves? :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Basically everything is 3D printed. I don't know much about 3D printing, but my understanding is that it is printed from industrial grade machine (Shapeways type ?!?!?). Anyway, no, the hull does not flex at all, and it also being somewhat narrow tank, it is very sturdy. There is also no swing arms to speak of (the swing arm is hinged on both side off the chassis) because of the tracks going around the entire lower. Everything is rock solid. The tracks are indeed lovely. I have blued them in the video but very well made. The hull MG indeed can be servo controlled as you can see in the promote video, but I didn't do that in my build.

phpBB [video]

Return to “Show Off”