M1128 Stryker 1/67 Upgrade to Hobby Grade R\C

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Sergeant

M1128 Stryker 1/67 Upgrade to Hobby Grade R\C

Post by modler »

The Hobby grade update starts on page 2 or click link below to go there :D

viewtopic.php?p=348099#p348099
Attachments
Very interested in this little battery.
Very interested in this little battery.
IMG_1762.JPG (90.3 KiB) Viewed 26408 times
Oh nos! The pretty machine is in the hands Dr,Franistien!
Oh nos! The pretty machine is in the hands Dr,Franistien!
IMG_1757.JPG (87.06 KiB) Viewed 26408 times
2.4V lithium Ion battery. New to me. Never saw one like this.
2.4V lithium Ion battery. New to me. Never saw one like this.
Yep, I bought two of them for $13 a piece.
Yep, I bought two of them for $13 a piece.
IMG_1741.JPG (83.77 KiB) Viewed 26447 times
IMG_1740.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG (65.58 KiB) Viewed 26447 times
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1737.JPG (85.28 KiB) Viewed 26447 times
IMG_1736.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG (82.14 KiB) Viewed 26447 times
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1733.JPG (92.45 KiB) Viewed 26447 times
IMG_1734.JPG
IMG_1734.JPG (94.7 KiB) Viewed 26447 times
Last edited by modler on Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
modler
Sergeant

Lithium Ion battery

Post by modler »

I did not realize this was a Litium Ion battery and because of the 2.4V rating on the side of the can thought it was a new type of ni-mh battery and charged it with a ni-mh charger and possibly damaged the L-Ion battery. I still have a new Stryker in the box and will analyze this new battery Tech now that I know what it is.
Attachments
Stryker shown here with 1/67 RRC MicroSizer car.
Stryker shown here with 1/67 RRC MicroSizer car.
IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG (85.81 KiB) Viewed 26404 times
Contains a Lithium Ion charger.
Contains a Lithium Ion charger.
IMG_1771.JPG (87.82 KiB) Viewed 26404 times
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: M1128 Stryker MGS 1/67 RRC with Lithium Ion battery

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Electronics companies have been using back up batteries like that for many years, just being Li-ion is new-ish. Although they did come in many shapes and sizes.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

I have never seen them used in r\c models. Industrial applications yes. This is a first in r\c model with LION as far as I know.

This is the latest generation of LIon and has a voltage of 2.4V not 4.2 V like a Lithium polymer. :D
Last edited by modler on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

What battery does your little car have in it? I'm sure my 64th cars don't have rechargeable batteries in the conventional sense.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Attachments
Lithium Titanate
Lithium Titanate
Last edited by modler on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

What's this then if it's not a "little car"???

As for "non conventional rechargeable batteries," I've seen little batteries that looked like electrical components decades ago, they may not have been Li-ion back then, but they were non conventional in the sense they didn't look like batteries. And, just because this is the first time you've seen these style Li-ion batteries used in a toy, it doesn't mean to say they're not more widely used, as the tech has been around for ages. And that's why I asked what battery you had in your "little car"

And therefore trying to have an informative conversation with you.

So, quite frankly, where you get that I'm being condescending from, I don't know?

modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Last edited by modler on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Quote you; "Well this one will not have that problem as the battery looks like a large electrolytic capacitor. New to me."

Which made me mention that batteries looking like electrical components have been around ages. I stated this irrespective of what battery type.

As this topic is about new tech, as in a Li-ion battery looking like an electrical component, I asked about your "little car" that you pictured out of curiosity, as to what was powering it. The reason being, I have some miniature RC cars, a truck and some little robots stored away, it made me curious as to what they may have as a power source.

You didn't start this thread off with any mention of a new chemical composition for the battery, just what it looked like and that it was a Li-ion, although you missed the first i out. This "New" chemical composition is your latest revelation, which wasn't mentioned when I was trying to have a conversation with you.

Perhaps some subjects bring up other questions and opinions, or are you in the belief that that is not allowed?

Can you hear ME now?

Never mind, I'll go and take my own little toys apart and find out for myself. Ciao.

modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

LOL Ok man, easy now. :D Like I said in the last post, there seems to be a communication gap and I am trying to work with it :thumbup:

I'm betting the "micro RRC cars" that you have, (see what I did there :)) , are mostly if not all, ni-mh powered. Sorry I just assumed you knew that. I am into to this pretty deep as a retired Electrical Designer and sometimes forget not everyone that is a RRC enthusiast does not take everything apart (strait away) like I do. I use to get in trouble a lot as a kid for doing that. ;)
Attachments
No worries, when I am done experimenting, this cool little machine will appear as stock including the battery on the inside lol
No worries, when I am done experimenting, this cool little machine will appear as stock including the battery on the inside lol
I would think people would want to know which is better yes? And or what are the benefits of this new design chemical design?
I would think people would want to know which is better yes? And or what are the benefits of this new design chemical design?
IMG_1782.JPG (81.53 KiB) Viewed 26328 times
Add on ESC mod circuit board. Enhancing the ESC operation to my liking.
Add on ESC mod circuit board. Enhancing the ESC operation to my liking.
Analyzing and testing of the weird little L-ION 2.4V 100mah. Shown here with conventional 2 cell ni-mh which is also 2.4V!
Analyzing and testing of the weird little L-ION 2.4V 100mah. Shown here with conventional 2 cell ni-mh which is also 2.4V!

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”