World's smallest (1:77) Hobby Grade Radio Remote Control Tank?

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
modler
Corporal

Re: World's smallest 2 channel twin motor RADIO CONTROL Tank

Post by modler »

Peregrine wrote:It's like little minion tanks.
Someone should put a 1/16 Tiger or KT in the middle, and few of these minions painted yellow all around the bigger tank. It would make for a great photo :)
Yes I would do that but I do not have a 1/16 tank. Don't want either as no room to store it. I have +300 models so wife thinks i am insane now lol :crazy:
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Recently rewired the tank so that the motors are in parallel drive as opposed to series wiring. added a gun barrel to the Tan Panther as well. And a power on LED. The Led is on when the switch is on and the tank is not moving.

The Tan Panther micro Tank can run in a very small area so a kitchen table is ideal. A small scale obstacle course can be set up on the table for a challenging run while sipping some morning coffee :)
Attachments
The T-34 is stock and runs well.
The T-34 is stock and runs well.
IMG_3777.JPG (75.17 KiB) Viewed 16672 times
Tank on the left is being tuned for proper speed. The one on the right has been tuned with a 10 ohm resistor.  Both of these Tanks come with on\off switch and charge plug.
Tank on the left is being tuned for proper speed. The one on the right has been tuned with a 10 ohm resistor. Both of these Tanks come with on\off switch and charge plug.
IMG_3776.JPG (87.27 KiB) Viewed 16672 times
Charge plug and on off switch added. Powered by 1s lipo.
Charge plug and on off switch added. Powered by 1s lipo.
IMG_3774.JPG (79.54 KiB) Viewed 16672 times
3 Amigos.
3 Amigos.
IMG_3773.JPG (66.82 KiB) Viewed 16672 times
micro Panther is powered by a 1s 65mah lipo
micro Panther is powered by a 1s 65mah lipo
IMG_3783 (1).JPG (62.06 KiB) Viewed 16673 times
eddiesolo
Lance Corporal

Post by eddiesolo »

A lickle Panther...'One day I will grow up to be a proper big tank.' So cute!
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

eddiesolo wrote:A lickle Panther...'One day I will grow up to be a proper big tank.' So cute!

No this one is not going to grow up and in fact it has its legitimate place as the world's smallest "Radio Remote Controlled" 2 channel tank.

These very small tanks have a place in my collection because they can be operated in a very small space. I can run round and round the bathroom sink with this little bug. Not something a larger model can do. I have many remote controlled models of many scale size and enjoy them all as I am a radio control enthusiast and have been for 40+ years ;)
Attachments
IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3824.JPG (97.61 KiB) Viewed 16598 times
this is where the "RRC models of the week" reside.
this is where the "RRC models of the week" reside.
modler
Corporal

Re: World's smallest 2 channel twin motor RRC Tank?

Post by modler »

I just got some very small ESC's that may allow for these tanks to be upgraded to Hobby grade electronics 8)

This will require my smallest HG radio setup to date.
Attachments
Unbelievable! 4 ESC's on a penny
Unbelievable! 4 ESC's on a penny
IMG_0343.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 15091 times
IMG_0342.jpg
IMG_0342.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 15091 times
Dedicated = track mixer. Independence = individual control both ESC's No track mixer
Dedicated = track mixer. Independence = individual control both ESC's No track mixer
IMG_0341.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 15091 times
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Rad_Schuhart wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm Thats cute, lol. And you always can mod one and make a Goliath!
Oh I just noticed this post with the link! thank you so much ;)

https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Eastern Front wrote:Wow,

Technology is so awesome,,,even now you can get an RC tank in 1/16, 1/10, 1/6 and 1/4 Wow!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Just kidding!! I was going to get a set for work, you know on those slow days, have a battle with the Boss!

check out these conversions for your 1/35 scale models! http://35rctank.com

Cheers!!

Oh thank you so much Eastern Front for that very good link :O
modler
Corporal

The scale has finally been figured out 1:77 !

Post by modler »

Ok boys, I am going for it, "World's smallest Hobby Grade RRC Tank @ 1:77" with DSMX 5 channel RX with Telemetry, dual motor track control.

I have a little time to make this happen. Thanks to the new Ultra micro ESC with Track mixer and a RX42 Ultra micro RX

Now comes the fun part, wiring it all together.

The Panther here is 1:77 scale. One thing that I do know is that this is the smallest RADIO CONTROL Tank available at this time even in its stock form with the Toy Grade radio control system

It will now get a upgrade to 5 channel DSMX Telemetry Receiver with the smallest dual channel ESC with mixer that is available at this time.
Attachments
1:77 scale Panther with all the elements ready for wiring harness build.
1:77 scale Panther with all the elements ready for wiring harness build.
IMG_0421.jpg (807.11 KiB) Viewed 15010 times
This new Ultra micro dual ESC (bottom) is going to make this possible. It is almost half the size of the Das Mikro SINGLE CHANNEL ESC!
This new Ultra micro dual ESC (bottom) is going to make this possible. It is almost half the size of the Das Mikro SINGLE CHANNEL ESC!
IMG_0422.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 15010 times
Last edited by modler on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
modler
Corporal

Wiring the connectors

Post by modler »

It is going to take me some time to add descriptions to the steps involved here. I am trying to do this in descending order of steps with the pictures which requires some patience. If you have ever posting something like this at this site you know what I mean ;)

I use connectors in all my projects. It makes it easy to debug and check components individually. Plus I may swapp a component out or upgrade and so forth and the connectors make it much easier.

Everything done here requires patience. this can not be rushed. I have many hours in posting topics like this and with something of this intricate nature, I may have to edit out errors so my posts here and elsewhere on this site are continually checked for errors and or added info as I like to be accurate in what I am presenting here. I also use these posts for a reference of my work. Feel free to ask any questions.

Here is a short video of the Panther's first running as a Hobby Grade Radio Control Tank
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/usA8pNj0mFI
Attachments
These are high quality 26 AWG connectors that I now use. I was using ~28 AWG but that is just not enough for these type of applications.
These are high quality 26 AWG connectors that I now use. I was using ~28 AWG but that is just not enough for these type of applications.
IMG_0438.JPG (799.39 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
Two 1mm three pin female and One 1.25mm two pin male connectors trimmed to length and tinned with solder are ready for power supply\PPM signal harness configuration and installation. Are connectors shown here are High Q 26 AWG.
Two 1mm three pin female and One 1.25mm two pin male connectors trimmed to length and tinned with solder are ready for power supply\PPM signal harness configuration and installation. Are connectors shown here are High Q 26 AWG.
IMG_0423.JPG (996.52 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
Harness configuration complete with soldering of parallel red\black power supply wires.
Harness configuration complete with soldering of parallel red\black power supply wires.
IMG_0424.JPG (986.41 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
Power supply wires for the ESC and receiver (red\black) which are soldered in parallel are then soldered to the top side of the outer pads on the circuit board. The yellow wires are Aileron\Elevator output wires which go to ESC input  bottom side inner pads. These two connections are the only ones made on bottom side of the ESC circuit board.
Power supply wires for the ESC and receiver (red\black) which are soldered in parallel are then soldered to the top side of the outer pads on the circuit board. The yellow wires are Aileron\Elevator output wires which go to ESC input bottom side inner pads. These two connections are the only ones made on bottom side of the ESC circuit board.
IMG_0427.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
Inputs to the ESC are complete, now for the output side.The connectors on this new ESC input side now is heavier gauge 26 AWD than what is on the Das Mikro. <br />The other ESC is a Das Mikro and has a SINGLE output. Uses the same connectors less 1 output.
Inputs to the ESC are complete, now for the output side.The connectors on this new ESC input side now is heavier gauge 26 AWD than what is on the Das Mikro.
The other ESC is a Das Mikro and has a SINGLE output. Uses the same connectors less 1 output.
IMG_0428.JPG (822.6 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
Two 1.25mm 26 AWD female connectors for dual motor drive output are soldered to the output side TOP side of ESC CB. This must be done properly as a short circuit here will damage the ESC output circuits. Optional method, Solder one connector to the top left side output Top, Solder the other output to the opposite side Bottom. Less chance of short circuit using that method.<br />ALL WIRES ARE 26 AWD for best performance.
Two 1.25mm 26 AWD female connectors for dual motor drive output are soldered to the output side TOP side of ESC CB. This must be done properly as a short circuit here will damage the ESC output circuits. Optional method, Solder one connector to the top left side output Top, Solder the other output to the opposite side Bottom. Less chance of short circuit using that method.
ALL WIRES ARE 26 AWD for best performance.
IMG_0445.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
IMG_0452.jpg
IMG_0452.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
IMG_0453.jpg
IMG_0453.jpg (540.22 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
Next step will be to get the wires in position. The wiring has a little extra length and can be molded and bent into final position to allow the upper hull installation
Next step will be to get the wires in position. The wiring has a little extra length and can be molded and bent into final position to allow the upper hull installation
IMG_0459.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 14988 times
micro Tank work space.
micro Tank work space.
IMG_0460.jpg (826.45 KiB) Viewed 14988 times
Last edited by modler on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: World's smallest 2 channel 2 track motor RRC Tank?

Post by Ecam »

I know those are micro connectors, but they look absolutely huge compared to the ESC! Fascinating work on such a miniscule scale. I struggle with room on 16th from time to time.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”