My tanks...new entry KT

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
desmo16
Private

My tanks...new entry KT

Post by desmo16 »

Hello guys,
my tanks ;D

desmo16
Private

Re: My tanks...new entry KT

Post by desmo16 »

Hello guys,
desert diorama for my king tiger :D

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Very nice :thumbup: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
Well done and a sweet Diorama! Now give that Commander a sunburn and put some Goggles over those Googly Eyes!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

Hello everyone, could you please kindly tell me what colors to make the desert uniform of the commander of the German tank? I thank anyone who can help me.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I think you have the wrong Tiger there for desert camouflage, Desmo. :) Although, of course, you can pick any camo scheme that pleases you- and, it has to be said, you've done a good job so far :thumbup:
The War in the Desert (1940- to early 1943) was over before the First King Tigers (Tiger 2) ever clanked into action, in 1944.
However, there is a camo pattern in this lot that might give you some ideas. (Light sandy base colour, and Brown streaks. Normandy, July 1944)
http://thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/th ... erns.4700/
This is but one source out there, but there are many more. :thumbup:
You may get an idea of what Afrika Korps Panzer units wore from this link:
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=166556
Again, this is but one of many sources.
The World famous Tiger 1 (No 131) in the Tank Museum at Bovington, was captured in the desert in 1943. Now that Tiger actually sported desert camo. :thumbup:
Hope this helps a bit.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I was thinking the same thing, Roy, I don't think they ever made a KT with desert camo.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:I was thinking the same thing, Roy, I don't think they ever made a KT with desert camo.
:| Yes, I didn't want to dampen Desmo's clear enthusiasm, Gary, but a KT in the desert is a bit like a red double-decker bus on the Moon. Now,
the Syrians received some Pz IVs which, in desert camo, were used against the Israelis well into the 1960s, I believe; but as far as I know, no Tiger 2s were used post-war in desert camo. Or any camo, for that matter. As far as I know.. :problem:
But Desmo, if you're happy to have the first desert campaigning King Tiger, then maybe you'll start a new trend. :D :thumbup: Yours will be a unique model. Nice job with the paintwork on that Tiger 1, by the way. Now that tank....could do with Deutsche Afrika Korps livery. :thumbup:

Just noticed that the Tiger, (judging by the cupola), is a mid to late production model, and I think they were also a tad too late for the Desert War.
A useful guide to your Tiger 1, Desmo:
http://alanhamby.com/mid.shtml
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Show Off”