StuG III

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rob59
Sergeant

StuG III

Post by Rob59 »

Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: StuG III

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That looks great Rob :clap: I love the look of the Schurzen on the stugs, I've been contemplating getting a set for mine for a while now and looking at this may have just sealed the deal :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Very nice indeed. How are those schurzen? How are they affixed? Is it quite solid, suitable for outdoor driving? Or are they a bit flimsy?
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Schuerzen are made of Polystyrol.
They do come with the brackets and hangers available at Tankmodelbau in Germany.
But because I added the wider Ostketten to my StuG, the stock brakets/hangers do not fit.
So I made it all from brass. I used U-Profiles 1 x 3 x 1 mm and angle profiles 4mm alongside the StuG.
I also have aluminum plates of which I could make the Schuerzen too, but for now these will do.
Last edited by Rob59 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Here you go.
Attached the brass stuff onto the Kasematte with 1.4mm screws and nuts....almost drove me nuts.....!

Imageimage host

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Produced with great care and attention, like the ones we saw in the snow the other day :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Produced with great care and attention, like the ones we saw in the snow the other day :D :thumbup:
Thankzz...but I am just an amateur in this RC Tank world.
I think I am making a little "progress", step by step, haha
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If it's worth doing- it's worth doing well! You've done well. :thumbup: Working with 1.5mm nuts is never easy (and it gets harder with age :D ); but the support frame you have made looks spot on, and very neat. More than that, the Ostketten will help to deal with the snow, if not the dogwalkers :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Don't talk about those 1.4 mm nuts, haha.
Snow is gone, and it looks like we ain't getting some for a while now.
So I was damn lucky we at least had one white morning, so I could take both "Ostfront Tigers" out into their natural habitat, haha, just to take the pics i wanted to shoot for a very long time.

Return to “Show Off”