Newly acquired Sherman

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Evlwevl
Recruit

Newly acquired Sherman

Post by Evlwevl »

The wife gave me a a little Christmas money so I jumped on this Taigen metal Sherman in the scratch and dent section of the Taigen website. It came with an unpainted turret so while I had my airbrush out attempting to match the factory color, I decided to also repaint the sides to remove the simulated mud and add some ever so light color modulation as well. I also repainted my crew member. I haven’t decided what accessories I’d like to add or what type of weathering I’d like to do, but it’s time to take it for a spin.
Attachments
380E2199-5F33-4C5C-B740-F7AD992B5E7D.jpeg
380E2199-5F33-4C5C-B740-F7AD992B5E7D.jpeg (85.09 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
Taigen metal edition M4 Sherman
Taigen metal edition Tiger I (Mid Prod.)
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Newly acquired Sherman

Post by c.rainford73 »

You did an outstanding job with the paint. These are great running tanks so you should have much luck with it. Funny you removed the simulated mud from taigen. Their newest version of this tank is sold looking just like this one
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

c.rainford73 wrote:You did an outstanding job with the paint. These are great running tanks so you should have much luck with it. Funny you removed the simulated mud from taigen. Their newest version of this tank is sold looking just like this oneImage
I thought their newest version had the E8 style turret like "Peggy" I got for my grandson, or do they do a third one I don't know about :think:

Yes, you've blended in the paintwork rather well :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Evlwevl
Recruit

Post by Evlwevl »

Thankyou, I think this may have been a model from the previous run because V1 electronics are installed. During the Black Friday sale, V3 motherboard and smoke controller came included but not installed
Taigen metal edition M4 Sherman
Taigen metal edition Tiger I (Mid Prod.)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Nice! Yes, I have that one and think that Taigen made an excellent job of giving the metal turret a, authentic 'cast' look :thumbup: It also fits together with a reassuring precision. :)
Mick, Taigen still do the M4A3 (75mm):
https://www.taigentanks.com/scratch-den ... s/ref31232 but they do charge quite a bit more for those that are minus the odd blemish :think:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yeah, that's the one in the picture above Roy, I meant, apart from that one and the one Dave sells, is there a third one I don't know about.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yeah, that's the one in the picture above Roy, I meant, apart from that one and the one Dave sells, is there a third one I don't know about.
Two flavours, Mick: 75mm and 76mm (Easy); but now they're taking preorders for models with updated V3 electronics (not to be confused with v4, or is it 5.3?, from HL :crazy: :D )
https://www.taigentanks.com/us-tanks/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Show Off”