Drain the swamp, my tank is drowning.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
seb4
Private

Drain the swamp, my tank is drowning.

Post by seb4 »

Driving my Heng Long Leopard 2a6 through a swamp area, it got stuck and it went drowning. I could not reach it, I myself would be in trouble.

What do to?

1. I could twitter President Trump. Being the Leo a Merkel tank and me from The Netherlands, that would be not of much help. ;D
2. Send a recovery tank. But I don't have a recovery tank. Besides that the recovery tank would be drowning too. B|

So I looked around and found a wooden balk. That did it. Well not. Too small. So eventually I picked up my tank and gibbering and all I got to the safe side.

The Leo is upgraded with a Taigen V2 380 3:1 gearbox, steel sprockets and idler wheels. It did an amazing job, never lost it's tracks.
kwiky
Private

Re: Drain the swamp, my tank is drowning.

Post by kwiky »

Haha great pics! So did it get stuck due to lack of grip or was it stuck on an obstacle hidden in the mud?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Now just spray some clear seal over the top of the mud and bingo- instant realism !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Right Herman!
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

kwiky wrote:Haha great pics! So did it get stuck due to lack of grip or was it stuck on an obstacle hidden in the mud?
Thanks!

It was stuck because the clay was so thick and soaked. This clay was just dredged up elsewhere and laid here, it was really a swamp like area. Very dangerous for children.
kwiky
Private

Post by kwiky »

seb4 wrote:
kwiky wrote:Haha great pics! So did it get stuck due to lack of grip or was it stuck on an obstacle hidden in the mud?
Thanks!

It was stuck because the clay was so thick and soaked. This clay was just dredged up elsewhere and laid here, it was really a swamp like area. Very dangerous for children.
Oh I understand now. Made for some excellent pictures though :thumbup:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi! Warning! I used to drive some tanks like that. Be careful, usually the axle and the inner side of the wheels wear very fast when doing it! Replacing the arms with metal does not help a lot neither.

Metal arms + bearings might be OK, but I have not tested it.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
kwiky
Private

Post by kwiky »

Sorry double posted
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Hi! Warning! I used to drive some tanks like that. Be careful, usually the axle and the inner side of the wheels wear very fast when doing it! Replacing the arms with metal does not help a lot neither.

Metal arms + bearings might be OK, but I have not tested it.
Hi, thanks for pointing out!
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

kwiky wrote:
seb4 wrote:
Thanks!

Oh I understand now. Made for some excellent pictures though :thumbup:

Thanks Kwiki, glad you like them! :)

Return to “Show Off”