My King Tiger and first try at pea-dot camo

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Greywoolfe64
Recruit

Re: My King Tiger and first try at pea-dot camo

Post by Greywoolfe64 »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I finally installed a TARR smoke unit in this beast recently, and used the opportunity to correct those road wheels while I had the tracks off. I sprayed them in Tamiya dunkelgelb, then hand-brushed chocolate brown and intermediate green in random patterns, before giving the wheels a wash in black ink to make the rivets and bolt heads pop. I finished up by dry-brushing them in khaki to simulate road dust, and oily steel. All the paints used were Vallejo acrylics, apart from the Tamiya base coat. All in all, I think it's an improvement on the original, and all I'll need to add now is some stowage on the back to hide the smoke unit refill tube, and maybe a loader...

"You didn't say nothin' about locking horns with no Tigers, baby!"- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes.
My garage: HL Tiger 1, T34/85, King Tiger (Henschel turret) and Gaz 66 'Shishiga'.
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Verrry nice looking tank ya got there, you did a outstanding job on the road wheels.and the tank commander.
One suggestion if I may, changing the flag for a vehicle recognition banner stretched across the turret might be a bit more realistic.

Happy hunting!
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Looking good mate. Can I suggest you get some Birchwood Super Blue and weather the tracks to match a bit more?
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Looks MUCH better with the road wheels fixed! Great work sir!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Much improved with the proper road wheels! Well done
Tanks alot.... :wave:
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

I really like what you did on the Commander! My hat is off to you. I also like what you have done on the King Tiger too. It looks much better now with the painting adjustments that you have done. The suggestion on the flag is good too. Thank you for sharing it with us.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull

Return to “Show Off”