M51-IDF Sherman

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

M51-IDF Sherman

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Morning all,

Another project I've been working on, I've always liked the M51 Sherman so when I had the chance to buy the basic components ( lower and upper hulls/ turret ) I jumped at it. The lower hull is tamiya along with the turret and the upper hull is mato, the internal units are all tamiya except for the board which is an ibu2, most of the add ons I scratch built e.g. side and rear stowage bins, search lamp etc. The first pic is the tank I modelled it on and used loads of reference pics from, I've also added some pics of various stages of the build, I've still got a little bit of detail painting to do inside the hatches and some chipping and light dusting/weathering but it's 95% finished Image

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: M51 Sherman

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Busy as all buggery mate.............nice, nice job.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
cannedheat
Private

Post by cannedheat »

i have to say its good dam good BUT.. it would be even better IF you sent it to me....I will pm my address...LOL....
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you Herman :D I appreciate your comments mate, it keeps the old mojo ticking over and pushes me on with future builds :thumbup:

If I ever need to shift it on I'll know who to contact Stu :haha: thanks for looking bud :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

She looks fantastic! How did you make the commander?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Tom :D I bought the commander off eBay as a standard Russian figure, I then chopped his arms off and replaced them with one's off a tamiya German desert figure as it had short sleeves, then i ground away the chest and neck area and refilled as the figure had a shirt on under the overalls which didn't look right so now it just looks like he's wearing a short sleeve shirt Image

Cheers, Lee.

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Beautiful work Lee :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the look of the M51, IMO it's the best overall look for the Sherman. :clap:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I agree Barry :D it has that busy look of a more modern tank but you can still see it's roots as a ww2 based Sherman , this is the most modern tank I have as I really prefer the ww2 era one's compared to the newer tanks :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Love it Lee, I have a soft spot for M51’s after doing my mates one.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Adam :D the one you built for Adrian sure was a beauty mate :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Show Off”