Men of Bronze Diorama

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jumpugly
Private

Men of Bronze Diorama

Post by jumpugly »

Hi Gang:
Thanks for letting me join!!!!!
Here are a few shots for a "faux patina" sculptural presentation that I call "Men of Bronze." It's a commission piece for a WW2 tank enthusiast. [IMG] Still trying to work out some kinks, but almost there. Honestly this piece could not have happened without Jeff's Shiu's incredible figures. I consider his 120mm figures to be among the very best in the world, not only for the quality of the workmanship, but they have an innate "personality" that sets them apart. More to follow! Best, Guy

p.s. The tank is a late model Tiger 1 Kitbashed with parts from 1/16th scale Heng Long and Merit/kits.
The tank barriers are Czechoslovakian "Hedgehog's;" 3D printed bt Shapeways (a great outfit). The base is my own sculpt.
Painting is a multi-step dry-brush technique. :)
Attachments
Screen shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.36 PM.png
Screen shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.36 PM.png (213.79 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Screen shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.13 PM.png (228.25 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Screen shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.49 PM.png
Screen shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.49 PM.png (161.37 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
jumpugly
Private

Re: Men of Bronze Diorama

Post by jumpugly »

Given a little time I could figure out exactly how I altered the turret and barrel, not to mention the commander's hatch/cupola. It's been a long slog to get to this point. :)

p.s. Did a little searching.
It's a Merit (Trumpeter/WSN molds?) built kit, with on Heng Long Turret, topped with a Mato late model Tiger cupola. I kept the Merit gun barrel as it was closer to scale length and ditched the Heng Long barrel.
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Maybe a closer shot...? Still sorting the rules of the site folks. :)
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It's not a rule of the site, but it is customary for new members of the forum to post a bit about themselves and their tank interests etc. in the Introduce Yourself section. You will get a much better reaction and response.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Thanks so much Silversurfer! I did just that. Boy, got too far ahead of myself in my excitement. :) All good and thanks for advice.
Best!
-- Guy

P.S. the folks at PlanetFigure.com were quick to guide me to your site.
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

A closer look...working on compressing these to present them here. Jeff Shiu's figures have tremendous "personality" don't they?!
Attachments
MenOfBronze_cu.png
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

With the base and Shapeways' Czech Hedgehogs...
Attachments
MenOfBronze_med.png
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

jumpugly wrote:A closer look...working on compressing these to present them here. Jeff Shiu's figures have tremendous "personality" don't they?!
Possibly ,with a paint job?
You just here to flog stuff off?
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Hear ya' Aussie, but as mentioned, this is a commission piece to replicate bronze statuary. Not my choice, but all dry-brushed in multiple layers. And no, I am not here to sell "flog" anything. I get it if you don't like the presentation. I will post something more to your liking soon.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Jump, I agree those figures are top notch .
Certainly a deviation to the usual representation to do them in a bronze patina.
I personally don’t see any issue with the level of enthusiasm shown towards what you have.
In fact it would be great to see that enthusiasm extended across the broader membership at times !!

Keep the pictures coming, I’m sure you have plenty to show us :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Show Off”