Stolzdorf. My buildings/battlefield/gadgets.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: My buildings/battlefield items.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hokum_52 wrote:Sorry if it isn't the right thread to ask this, but where can I find complete buildings in 1/16 scale? Can I find them ready-made or in kits, or do I have to build them myself? Because I'd like to do a tiny village for my tank (and, in the future, tanks) to frolick in, with a couple cottages, a farm etc. I already fashioned half of a cottage out of what I could find in my attic and some trees, but I'd like to speed up the process if possible.
So, is there a place online where I could buy a 1/16 castle like this one (I'm planning to do a scene inspired from Italy) without it costing a percentage of the real one in the link?

Thanks, and once again, sorry if it isn't the right thread.
We are in the same boat... Id like to have a battlefield, but each of the buildings is very time consuming... And there are little to none 1/16 buildings ready for sale, but here you have a bunch: https://www.rctank.de/HOUSES-in-1/16

Anyway, I still preffer to build my own stuff...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Hokum_52
Recruit

Post by Hokum_52 »

Okay, thanks! Then I'll go down the scratchbuilding way, I do have planks, nails, a saw and free time after all, and you can pretty much replicate any building with that. If there's no faster way, then so be it!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Painting in progres... Still tons to do, but is heading the right way!
Attachments
47192645_1163756263775329_1143297341889970176_n.jpg
47192645_1163756263775329_1143297341889970176_n.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Rad, are they secret shock troops? Or are their faces shocking? ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The figures look well painted from behind, Rad; but are they too shy to show their faces- or haven't you painted them yet? :D I'm guessing from the aerosol cap that they're 1/16 scale; but what make are they? I've seen Tamiya Wehrmacht figures in 1/16, but most of them are in 1/35, and none I've seen- so far- in Winter garb. Perhaps they're from Trumpeter or Dragon. More pics, please. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi, I have not painted the faces yet, and also they need a bit of mud everywhere. But probarbly after painting them will be too ugly to be showed, lol.

The scale is for the standing up one is tamiya at 1/16 scale, the sitting ones are aliexpress resins scale about 1/14.5 and there are some ammo drums there from a trumpeter t34 tank..

All of them (except the standing one, lol) will be riding my Panzer IV along with the tank commander I showed here some posts ago.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It's not really necessary to start with the face first. A lot of guys will paint the head completely before they even attach it to the body.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yes, they do look well painted from behind :clap:

You say the sitting ones are 1/14.5 scale, yet their helmets are not any bigger than the Tamiya figure?

May I ask a favour Rad, how tall is the Tamiya figure please.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi, the truth is that I hate painting with all my soul. Is very time consuming and Im never happy with the results... So I always leave the most complicated parts for the end, like the faces. In this case all those jackets are painted with an airbrush, so it had sense to leave the face for the end, just because there was no way to keep it safe of the airbrushed paint.

Also the aliexpress figures come most of them assembled in a 90%, so that means the face came already moulded to the body, so no way to deattach it.

So I had to remove the extra resing with a knife, put some putty here and there, sand, prime and then to paint the figure, and attaching some small extra details at the end, like the gas mask can, helmet and so on. The figures require indeed quite a lot of job, but are ok.

And SOAF, the tamiya figure (1/16 scale) is about 11,5mm

The chinesse resines are in the known as "120mm" scale, so are definitelly bigger than the tamiya figures, and giants when compared to 1/18.

PD: Wow, this is my post 1000! I should work more and forum less, lol.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thanks Rad :thumbup:

Return to “Show Off”