Stolzdorf. My buildings/battlefield/gadgets.

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: My buildings/battlefield/gadgets.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That tower looks awesome Raul :D you will have a great looking tank battlefield when it's complete :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Well, meanwhile all the parts for the bluetooth and for my radio arrive from china, (sigh...) I continued with my watchtower build that I had abandoned for months.

I did this video. In the last seconds of it you will see that I keep missing your island, lol.

phpBB [video]

Now as you can see, the tower is going to have a working searchlight with pan and tilt. I have to 3D design the focus first (no idea how to do it so far) and to 3D Print it (thanks Midlife for offering!) but the idea is to place the light iself over the servo. And to paint the servo too, of course.

Thats not all, I also want to put a small stove inside the tower, with a working red light on it.

As you can see in the video, the tower works as a stand alone unit. It has his own battery, and 3 channel receiver (One channel for pan, another for tilt, and the third channel controls two leds, one for the searchlight and the other will be the stove. The searchlight unit itself is quite stand alone too, can be plugged and unplugged in seconds as showed in the video.

The tower is also designed to be powered by a external power. It will be connected in the future to a network that will power my entire scale city. Just in case you want to do something similar, be sure to not to overpower it!
Amazing work :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

More goodies for my battlefield. My guard hut and barrier was uncomplete with a proper Feldgendarmerie. Now I have one guard to protect the entry to my scale village. No Sherman will go through now.

The figure is a 1/16 Scale dragon. The detail is not great, the proportions neither... I dont realy love the figure, but makes the job, and also came with quite a few extra accesories to fit in another figures or diorama like a flare gun, lanterns and so on. The figure came like the Tamiya ones, plastic sprues to cut and to glue. As always I put some scrap metal inside to give some weight to it. Is not 100% finished, I´d like to paint the head better, but I ran out of paint.
IMG_20190310_220843.jpg
IMG_20190310_220900.jpg
1.jpg
I hate with passion to paint, so I dont plan to paint many more but some allies.

I have enough of the good old Germans, so I needed to grab some evil evil allies to balance the things from Aliexpress.
IMG_20190311_074138.jpg
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Snipah
Recruit

Post by Snipah »

I like the watch tower, you might like to consider a self tracking unit so that the search light follows autonomously or works to a set pattern all by itself... That way you do not have to control it.

A sensor trips by a vehicle and you hear and see mg fire, light falls below a certain level and searchlight turns on etc etc etc

Just my thoughts :-)

Cheers

Snipah
As Real as it can Sound
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Snipah wrote:I like the watch tower, you might like to consider a self tracking unit so that the search light follows autonomously or works to a set pattern all by itself... That way you do not have to control it.

A sensor trips by a vehicle and you hear and see mg fire, light falls below a certain level and searchlight turns on etc etc etc

Just my thoughts :-)

Cheers

Snipah
Hi mate, your idea is amazing. Do you have any link for those self tracking units?
Snipah
Recruit

Post by Snipah »

Hi Rad yeah I do (somewhere) I had those things planned for a 1/6th battlefield and anti people invading my space idea :-) Imagine 2 mg bunkers on the front lawn and someone coming to the door, tripping a sensor (simple laser and reciever that acts as a tripwire). think amp and car speakers as 1/6th scale is much bigger, kind of thinking hilarious. :-)

I will track down some stuff and post here for you. Most should be available from Aliexpress
As Real as it can Sound
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Snipah wrote:Hi Rad yeah I do (somewhere) I had those things planned for a 1/6th battlefield and anti people invading my space idea :-) Imagine 2 mg bunkers on the front lawn and someone coming to the door, tripping a sensor (simple laser and reciever that acts as a tripwire). think amp and car speakers as 1/6th scale is much bigger, kind of thinking hilarious. :-)

I will track down some stuff and post here for you. Most should be available from Aliexpress
Man, now I need to do something like that before I die.
In fact I had the idea of adding some small "panzerfausts" in the battlefield. So when the tank drives near a building or so, something flashes and sounds.

So I am all eyes for those aliexpress links!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Well, my birthday is next saturday, so I think I deserve something and I bought a small present for me.

I scored a second hand but brand new and unbuilt kit of a 1/16 Volkswagen Käfer

Plan is to keep it static, but I will include a small battery and some lights. I planned to do it wehrmacht style, but then I thought if I am building a scale city, I will need some non military things too.

I think I will get a shinny black paint and done.
143992-10000-pristine.jpg
143992-10000-pristine.jpg (50.12 KiB) Viewed 3193 times
At this very moment it is in delivery. Cant wait to open it!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Cool find Rad :thumbup:

But isn't it too modern for WW2 era :think:

Could always have it under a collapsed wall next to a building ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
But isn't it too modern for WW2 era :think:
I wondered how long was it going to take, lol

Yeah, it is the early 50s model. But the 40s one is 99% the same. Id say even the 80s one is like a 92% the same, lol.

But what if in my scale city the war did not end until 1955?!
What if that Käfer was the only prototype for the next decade, sitting near to factory?
What if that Käfer comes from the future? Can you prove there were not time machines?
Eh? eh? Can you answer that?

No, you cant.

Lol. :D

I always loved the original command and conquer Red Alert strategy game.
Time travels were there. For sure I will include them in my humble battle area.

phpBB [video]

Return to “Show Off”