Panther recoil

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Panther recoil

Post by frankie »

Finally got around to fitting a servo recoil into my lads Panther.....
phpBB [video]
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Panther recoil

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It would be good if you could show us what you actually did so others in the same situation could learn.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

It’s nothing groundbreaking...just used a 3D printed unit from Forgebear...
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p7 ... anks_.html
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Found this vid of one I put it a Sherman...as you can see the unit is similar in size and shape to a B.B. unit so is more or less a direct replacement..
phpBB [video]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I've just installed one of these red recoil units with the return spring that I got from Mr MichealC and installed in Lee's Sherman I've purchased. Was basically a direct swap for the stock airsoft unit
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

c.rainford73 wrote:I've just installed one of these red recoil units with the return spring that I got from Mr MichealC and installed in Lee's Sherman I've purchased. Was basically a direct swap for the stock airsoft unit Image
How did you like the recoil unit?
Last edited by Jarlath on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

frankie wrote:It’s nothing groundbreaking...just used a 3D printed unit from Forgebear...
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p7 ... anks_.html
How did you find the unit?
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Jarlath wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:I've just installed one of these red recoil units with the return spring that I got from Mr MichealC and installed in Lee's Sherman I've purchased. Was basically a direct swap for the stock airsoft unit Image
It’s very good...not too much sanding to get a smooth action, straightforward to assemble and easy to fit.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

frankie wrote:
Jarlath wrote:
It’s very good...not too much sanding to get a smooth action, straightforward to assemble and easy to fit.
We could do with a bit more of a tutorial Please Mr Frankie if its not too much trouble.
One thing to see it working, another to see how it goes in.
Especially a new-ish product. :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

I’m not sure how exciting an “Unscrew and remove the B.B. unit and screw the recoil unit in” tutorial would be, but if I do another I’ll take pics as I do it...

Return to “Show Off”