Panther F redo

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Panther F redo

Post by dgsselkirk »

Greetings Guys,

Here is Tom's old Panther F that I really wanted that MichaelC bought and played with for a year or so and then sold to me! :thumbup:

I had threatened to totally repaint it and here is the preliminary ambush scheme. I was also inspired to scratch build the Vampire IR system that is seen in a pretty famous pic on a Panther with the ambush scheme. The resin one from a kit from somewhere just didn't have enough detail for me so took it apart and added styrene, a chunk of fishing rod, some wire, paperclip, etc.. and still have to do a few more details and make the glass for the IR emitter.

I was also inspired by the illustration of the Panther F in the book Panther in Detail. An awesome reference book. This was also a practice to try and do hard edge scheme with my airbrush. Never tried to do it before! I needed to try this on my tank because I have the most patient customer in the world waiting to see if I could do it well enough for his monster I am working on! Anyway, I know it looks like a bit of a circus car right now but with filters, modulation weathering, pin washes, some streaking it will get toned down in a hurry! :-) :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

This tank is fully IR battle ready. It is an HL hull, with a resin "F" turret. This was done before the new Taigen one came out. Has Tamiya motors and gearbox, all metal wheels,sprockets, and idlers,Clark Board, TARR ! smoker, Servo recoil, servo elevation, Tamiya apple, upgrade speaker, and a few other bells and whistles.

As always comments welcome... @)
Panther F 1.JPG
Panther F 2.JPG
Panther F 2.JPG (96.48 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Panther F 3.JPG
Panther F 4.JPG
Panther F 5.JPG
Panther F 5.JPG (95.47 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Panther F 6.JPG
Panther F 7.JPG
Panther F 7.JPG (82.89 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Panther F 8.JPG
Panther F 8.JPG (83.04 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Panther F 9.JPG
Panther F 9.JPG (71.9 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Panther F redo

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very cool looking panther sir
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Beautiful rendition of the ambush scheme Selkirk, and that IR setup is a work of art! Keep us posted, I'd love to see how you finish it all off.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sure is a hard-ass machine Mr Selkirk..............The ambush dots are perfect, wish I knew how to do those :/
Just out of curiosity, how does the pattern match up/blend when the turret is rotated ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Hey Dean, great looking camo pattern on that F! I second Raminator's comments on that IR set up. Like the idea of the missing lens. One very cool beast being born here.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Nice tank - like the kingsize drainpipe exhausts :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

The Vampir! It's interesting too see how the Germans set this up, with their usual teutonic thoroughness, and would be more interesting to know how it actually worked in battle. Since all it was is an invisible search-light with a range of a hundred yards or so, might still grant a small advantage during a night attack, I suppose. Somebody makes this little kit somewhere, thought about it for my Panther G but I'm too ham-fisted for such. A neat touch that I almost passed over in this post.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Like what I see here, would be nice to have a peak inside that turret :D
Drammen Rock City
RustyTrax
Private

Post by RustyTrax »

I like your "F". Does that sound wierd???
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

Very nice my F has been sat on the shelf for some time awaiting a repaint, Get it weathered then it will be a real stunner

Kind regards Andy
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....

Return to “Show Off”