Oddball

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Oddball

Post by doc larsson »

i hate 4001 ricks and thats coming from someone who owned an alembic.for recording i use logic audio great piece of software.
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

doc larsson wrote:i hate 4001 ricks and thats coming from someone who owned an alembic.for recording i use logic audio great piece of software.
What language is this?
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

doc larsson wrote:i hate 4001 ricks and thats coming from someone who owned an alembic.for recording i use logic audio great piece of software.

Huh? :wtf:
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Ricks , alembic , logic ,
Sarcasm old son , just having a dig.
Considering the thread has derailed BIG TIME , I thought I would add my bit.
ausf
Lance Corporal

Post by ausf »

Aussie wrote:
What language is this?
It's Bass-ic English. 8)

To me threads are conversations, I like it when they take turns, especially if the OP doesn't mind, which he doesn't here. :D

Ricks were fine for running around a stage playing Maiden and Priest, trying to compete with all the Marshall halfs. A bit more trebly than a P, so you had a chance to cut through. They were light, a set of full wound Rotos and the Rick o Sound stereo going through two heads wasn't bad for a kid.

I wouldn't dream of bringing one into the studio and I certainly can't see spending the $2500 or whatever the last price was. You could get a Modulus Funk Unlimited for that. Or 3 Tamiyas.
What, me worry?
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Nice , I think?
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

You're a real renaissance man, ausf.

Spectacular work on the sculpt, by the way. The resemblance is amazing, and the paintjob really brings him to life.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

What is it about tanks and bass. I've just bought myself a Fender P.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

jackalope wrote:They look FANTASTIC! Now you just need to convert a T34 into a Tiger and slap a loud speaker on the side of a Sherman turret and you'll be all set!
Nah. Do a real Tiger.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Estnische wrote:What is it about tanks and bass. I've just bought myself a Fender P.
This is heading for a derailment again, but what the Hell. It's said that guys like assembling things; tinkering, designing, and even pulling things apart to see how they go together (but not their partner, one hopes :haha: ). Leonardo did all of that, and I bet if he'd been around today he'd be modding his own Fender P bass :D The interest in things practical also connects with assembling notes, or patterns of notes (scales) on a set of strings, I think. Art and maths go together, it's said...and it's well known that the Universe..although beige, is actually shaped like a bass guitar. Then there's the music of the 'spheres'. Could be music of the sprockets now; but there's link somewhere there.
In parallel worlds, though, it appears as a Tamiya tiger 1 for some, or a Spitfire Mk v for others..or even Tankgirl! I got hooked on the basslines to 'Penny lane" and "come together' back in the 60s Universe, and can play them still.. though this tank building thing is getting in the way. :shh:
Anyway, good choice. Any chance you can get a 1/16 scale Fender or Alembic for Johann? :haha:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Show Off”