Gift for the new year, All metal Mato Panzer III

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
SteelBird
Corporal

Re: Gift for the new year, All metal Mato Panzer III

Post by SteelBird »

I did have an idea to put this beautiful upper hull on a Taigen lower chassis. However, Taigen is not available in China. Hard for me to reach. Anyone suggest a good source? I do plan for future tank too. And I'm really if someone can help me out to deal with this trouble Panzer 3.

Or is it possible we just adapt Taigen's torsion bars into this lower chassis?
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Real sorry to hear all the problems with the all metal Tank........you shouldn't have to do anything to it for that sort of money ! Cant you ask for a replacement or money back ? Its a nice tank but do you really want to spend even more money on it just to get it running right ? Either way I'm sure it will get sorted and you can enjoy it.......these guys are great on here and will help you out no end with advice and stuff......all the best

Mark
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Yeah, but it happens. I think it's impossible to return now as I have done many things on it. The only choice is to move forward and make it perfect. I contacted TaigenTanks.com (Erik) asking him if Taigen's torsion bars or metal lower chassis can be fit on my tank. Because I want a desk queen as well as a good runner, choices are narrow for me. I checked Tamiya, the JS-2 costs $2,024 (not include shipping). It would be insane if I spend that money for a 1:16 model tank!
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

There are a few vendors that are in the recommended vendors section of the site and I believe they do sell or can get you the lower hull or parts you need. Check the section out and I'm sure someone will help you.
Many have links to their websites and available parts!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

SteelBird wrote:Yeah, but it happens. I think it's impossible to return now as I have done many things on it. The only choice is to move forward and make it perfect. I contacted TaigenTanks.com (Erik) asking him if Taigen's torsion bars or metal lower chassis can be fit on my tank. Because I want a desk queen as well as a good runner, choices are narrow for me. I checked Tamiya, the JS-2 costs $2,024 (not include shipping). It would be insane if I spend that money for a 1:16 model tank!
In europe you can buy tamiya tanks for half that price. One month ago I bought a tamiya king tiger for about 400, and I paid 375 eur for my sherman. Brand new both!

About the taigen lower hull, I had it and returned to the seller. I did not like it, the torsion bars did not work good for me and the road wheels kept splitting in two. Sorry for the bad news...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Rad_Schuhart wrote: In europe you can buy tamiya tanks for half that price. One month ago I bought a tamiya king tiger for about 400, and I paid 375 eur for my sherman. Brand new both!

About the taigen lower hull, I had it and returned to the seller. I did not like it, the torsion bars did not work good for me and the road wheels kept splitting in two. Sorry for the bad news...
I would just buy a Tamiya if I live Europe. However, Tamiya has different price for different model. I have little choice since there are very Tanker here. I contacted the dealer that if I fail to fix the lower chassis, I will send it back and ask them to fix it for me.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Have you tried banzai hobby? (For a tamiya). There's also Patrick at hobby summit in Hong Kong that sells them cheap.
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

tomhugill wrote:Have you tried banzai hobby? (For a tamiya). There's also Patrick at hobby summit in Hong Kong that sells them cheap.
no, not yet. can you provide links to their website? in fact, I'm trapped with the current Mato PzIII. It would take me some time before I have enough budget for another tank. I did try to source a Taigen's but failed that's why I went on with Mato.
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I think I've found the reason why these suspension arms cannot be installed correctly. It's the brass rings that create the problems. As photo below, the brass rings which act the bearings cannot be inserted into its place properly. That makes the suspension arms cannot go into its place thus the suspension's cover can't cover it properly neither. I've used hammer but it just doesn't go in!
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Can you just file it flush with the hull?
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!

Return to “Show Off”