Gift for the new year, All metal Mato Panzer III

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Gift for the new year, All metal Mato Panzer III

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Replace the iddler wheel with the taigen one. It wont split again. You might need to replace the tensioners too, because the mato iddler axle is bigger.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Sorry to have to say it, but the build quality of Mato leaves something to be desired. I sent my Tiger 1 back- just not good enough for 600 quid.
Torro/ Taigen are a better bet fitted with an upgraded sound board.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

I use SuperGlue to deal with idler issue. Now it returns to desk queen position waiting for another strike on the new year.

Taigen and Torro have been praised by many users though I never have one. Consider its price tag at $439.99 of Tiger 1 Late Production Metal Edition quoted on TaigenTanks.com. If you replace the board and controller, that would be roughly another $150. The total RTR price would be about $600. No cheap!
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

There are a lot of very nice builds and upgraded tanks of all varieties that come up for sale on here at very reasonable prices. Keep an eye on the for sale section and maybe you can grab a bargain! I for one usually build them then run them for a while and then when I want something new I move one out to make space.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

c.rainford73 wrote:There are a lot of very nice builds and upgraded tanks of all varieties that come up for sale on here at very reasonable prices. Keep an eye on the for sale section and maybe you can grab a bargain! I for one usually build them then run them for a while and then when I want something new I move one out to make space.
The worst thing is we are 7 hours different in time zone. Everything is impossible.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'm so sorry to see and hear the problems you're having with your Mato metal tank......but it sure doesn't surprise me. The biggest issue with the metal Mato tanks is they are hand assembled, according to the Mato customer service people, and because of that sometimes you get people who just don't care about what they are assembling and you get a bad tank. In my humble opinion for the price you pay they should have stricter quality control then they do! $700 for a tank the damn think BETTER be damn near perfect!
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

That ensures it's the first and also the last Mato tank I'd buy. I'll save my money for the next Tamiya.
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Today I got the spare parts sent from the dealer. As I understand more and more how this tank works, I can make it run better and better. Now the suspension system is nearly perfect. As mentioned by jackalope and complaint by other members, you really take a fortune when buying a Mato's tank praying that you get a tank out of an experienced worker. I have at least 3 ~ 4 over tightened screws. As a result, larger holes and larger screw or change parts. My left and right tracks are not exchangeable because they have different length. However, it once again returns to normal working condition.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I had to rebuild the whole M36 I bought from them. It has striped screws that were then crazy glued in, broken center bogie on the left side (ripped in 2!) The whole thing was a train wreck! Took me weeks to get parts to fix it a couple more to fix it and by then I just said screw the damn thing and sold it.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jack I remember that tank. You worked out all the kinks made it look amazing and then posted it. I am currently dealing with a similar situation with a Mato Tiger lower hull. One hull is perfect pretty much plug and play. The other is a fit and finish nightmare. The Mato brass gearboxes for one set were absolutely perfect. The other set was horrible. Had to remove and rebuild both sides. Come to find out the hull wasn't machined correctly causing the final drives to bind on the hull itself! So instead of sourcing the electronics to finish my sturmtiger I've been reworking the hull for about a month now. Never again. Much like you I'll never enjoy it until it's finished and then I might move it on to someone else to enjoy.
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Show Off”