1/6 challenger Mark 1 Tanks

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jeman
Corporal

1/6 challenger Mark 1 Tanks

Post by jeman »

Hi Guys, well I went up to see the challenger today and was blown away with it. It is BIG lol it has sound, smoke, recoil barrel , fast turning turret, set up for pyro blank firing and has some detailing done to it including all metal side fenders. I will be picking it up in a couple of weeks then start spraying it. I think I'm going to go for the desert camo look with slight weathering. Really made up with it so heres a couple of pics....they don't really do it justice to how big it is. It needs the left side smoke launchers fitted to the turret so that's no problem. Also has full metal fuel drums on the rear but I need to get the proper scaled straps for them. The guy selling it is a real nice guy and very helpful with advice and all......so it was a morning well spent. The abrams tank its sitting next to is 1/8 and I thought that was big ! I might be getting 1 or 2 very nice crew for it also.......all primed ready for painting. its going to be a long couple of weeks lol

Cheers
Mark
jeman
Corporal

Re: 1/6 challenger Mark 1 Tanks

Post by jeman »

Hi Kiaser me old buddy, your right there mate its bloody big so will have to get some sort of trailer for it. It will I think fit in my wifes people carrier with the rear seat removed..............gotta get it home lol

Cheers bud
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

lol Kaiser......I remember ha ha wifey will defo kick my but if any pyros go off It is heavy.....I think they come in at 90kg fully fitted that's about 14 stone ! so I cant afford it to brake down on me lol Really looking forward to getting it home then I can get started on it. Will be taking it to a few shows next year for sure !

Cheers buddy
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mark,
if you have access to a pick-up truck there is an adapter plate available for a "TIRFOR" winch that bolts onto the Floor in front of the Bulkhead,
Any positive thoughts of driving the Challenger up the ramps and into the truck will do you credit but in the real world there will be a day when you, for whatever reason won't have the Tanks engine power to help.
And I know from personal experience what quite literally a lifesaver the "Tirfor" hand operated winch can be.
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Hi Shaun, that's great advice mate and I appreciate it. Its my first step into 1/6 so a hell of a lot of trial and error will be done lol I did see I guy pulling his challenger on a sledge due to the battery catching him out when it was a the bottom of his garden ! There are some great accessories in 1/6......so much more than the virtually non existent 1/8. The guy who owns it has spent a lot of time on this one so I'm really pleased with it, just want to make sure I do a good paint job or get a good paint job done to it.

COME ON TWO WEEKS.....................HURRY UPPPPPPP !

Cheers mate
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Lucky devil.

A friend of mine has just got one and is buying another next week.
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Hi Ad Lav, wow I thought one was enough lol the guys who own this tank are serious tankers and really know there stuff. They both have Armourtek Tanks that are amazing bits of kit. So ive been lucky enough to have been offered this beauty.....and lucky enough that my wife lets me lol I'm going to upgrade the 6inch speakers to better ones but other than that its just painting to be done and adding detail bits when necessary. Next issue is where to keep it lol......front room for the time being I :haha:

Cheers
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:sick: Green with envy..but not for the hernia you could get heaving that beast around! :D Just how much does it weigh, and is it an Armortek? I see, after much drooling on my iPad, that their current Panther A is heading in the direction of £5000 :O For that you could get yourself a decent second hand car, or..better still: a tow truck :lolno: But..who'd rather have the Panther? Vote now!
Me, anyway.. and many others I'd guess. I can almost hear the voices in the background.. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

43rdRecceReg wrote::sick: Green with envy..but not for the hernia you could get heaving that beast around! :D Just how much does it weigh, and is it an Armortek? I see, after much drooling on my iPad, that their current Panther A is heading in the direction of £5000 :O For that you could get yourself a decent second hand car, or..better still: a tow truck :lolno: But..who'd rather have the Panther? Vote now!
Me, anyway.. and many others I'd guess. I can almost hear the voices in the background.. :thumbup:
DO IT DO IT DO IT I know what you mean 43rdrecceReg.....I had those voices trust me lol Its a Mark-1-Tanks Challenger and they weigh 90KGs / 14 stone so its a heavy old lump Funny you should mention about the Armourtek Panther as the chap I'm buying the challenger of has one of thoses also that hes working on at the mo and does look a stunning brute. His Brother also has a Armortek Sherman and man that is heavy ! I think the Mark-1-Tanks challenger with most of the stuff fitted comes in at £4100 so a bit cheaper that an Armourtek but I'm sure that would be nearer 5k once you've got it how you want it. I'm itching to get it now :D I'm amazed at just how many detailed goodies there are for 1/6 scale and some of the figures are stunning !

Cheers
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

CHANGE OF PLAN...................PICKING IT UP THIS SATURDAY !!!! :crazy:

Return to “Show Off”