Battle weary tiger 1

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Battle weary tiger 1

Post by tiger tiger »

Hi people did some more work on this tiger 1 , i originally bought this of the internet a basic stock heng long that someone had weathered and battle damaged since i bought i have done a lot of alterations to it to correct usual heng long muck ups to be more accurate in small detail wise,and added other small detailing, had to blend in the weathering already done, today i got out the trusty multi tool and ground off 2 track guards 1 either side. drilled some small holes once track guards were gone and fitted some bolt heads using my fav panel pins to simulate bolt heads. then repainted area and weathered/blended in.
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Battle weary tiger 1

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

That rust looks really credible and authentic, Stuart. :thumbup: In fact..together with the battle damage (clever use of pinheads etc..) it looks like one of these tanks abandoned in the Ardennes.. or that (existing) example used by the russians for target practice. It also reminds me of how I feel in the mornings, these days...creaking, and groaning before the coffee fix..and joints in need WD40 to get going.... :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Really well done. The grey looks fantastic with all the light weathering and heavy mud. I particularly like the bullet holes in the rear. :) Great job.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: :clap: :clap: TERRRRRRRRRIFIC TIGER ....TIGER :D ...only one thing missing...the crew that holds the side story ;)

ALPHA
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

43rdRecceReg wrote:That rust looks really credible and authentic, Stuart. :thumbup: In fact..together with the battle damage (clever use of pinheads etc..) it looks like one of these tanks abandoned in the Ardennes.. or that (existing) example used by the russians for target practice. It also reminds me of how I feel in the mornings, these days...creaking, and groaning before the coffee fix..and joints in need WD40 to get going.... :D
Thanks there 43rd, yes i know the feeling about first thing in morning, i once had a message via a medium that my grandfather watches over me and found it highly amusing seeing me first thing in the morning all stiff and hobbling about ha ha. ive decided that as funds are restricted to go around all the existing tanks that i have and do more to each one as is . :thumbup:
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

palepainter wrote:Really well done. The grey looks fantastic with all the light weathering and heavy mud. I particularly like the bullet holes in the rear. :) Great job.
Thanks palepainter :thumbup:
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

ALPHA wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: TERRRRRRRRRIFIC TIGER ....TIGER :D ...only one thing missing...the crew that holds the side story ;)

Thanks major general apha yep im slipping there no crew ha ha, they were all out looking for wine , women and song i expect as all good military men will. :thumbup:
ALPHA
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

ruben2005 wrote::wave: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
Thanks ruben :thumbup: :haha: :P :D
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

since last post removed blackened area around muzzle brake as well , back to worn weathered grey.

Return to “Show Off”