Reporting for Duty

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Reporting for Duty

Post by Max-U52 »

So it's now January. Time to start getting the line up in shape for summer. Lots to do. Starting with the Sherman. Hopefully by the time my little vacation is over I will have added several more tanks to this thread. And I still have lots of work to do on the buildings and several figures half completed. I'm gonna kidnap Tom's brother for that. Chain him in the basement with a set of paints, a stack of figure kits and a whole bunch of Ritz crackers. Bwaa Ha Ha! @)

What? Who said that? Back to the tanks

And a guy in a jeep!

More to come. Got two Tigers on the bench right now, and a Stug after that.

Has RC Tanking ruined war movies for anyone else? I was just watching Kelly's Heroes (about a month ago it was Saving Pvt Ryan), and the "Tiger Tanks". Boo Hoo! :'(
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Reporting for Duty

Post by ALPHA »

This is a Taigen right Max? :D nice tank area lol....Which makes me ask...does anyone in your house complain when Dad brings out his toys :haha: :haha:

How's the Weather over there...that storm that's hitting the East coast is a Doozy....Have a few friends that live in New York...Yesterday they said it was ok there :wtf: ....sent some more messages back to them..so will find out soon how they are really doing ;)

Stay Warm Max :thumbup:

ALPHA
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, General, that's an Imex/Taigen Sherman. I'll make her better later, but for this season she's gonna stay basically like this. Maybe a few touch ups, but these things are never really completely finished, are they?

The play area is just the living room floor with a piece of material that was originally intended to make tents until we found supplex, and only a bachelor could get away with the stuff I do.

The storm missed us to the south, but I've got a Bud in Tennessee that tells me they got 5 inches. Just a dusting, eh? I guess the worst of it hit around the Washington, DC area but those people freak out when they get a half inch so this will drive them absolutely bonkers.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Tank looks like it coming along nicely. Your "jeep" is a Vietnam era Mutt and a little out of place though.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Someone who knows Jeeps. Cool. What can you tell me about these two? They're both 1/18th and the one on the right is supposed to be British. Can you enlighten me any further?

Jeeps are just one more area I'm still educating myself in, and eventually I'll see about an RC Jeep. It looks like guys have had some success with the Danbury mint offering. I did one in 1/24th once.

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

No jeep expert, but the way the one on the right is kitted out gives it the appearance of an SAS jeep as used in the western desert. No doubt someone more expert will out me straight.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Max-U52 wrote:Someone who knows Jeeps. Cool. What can you tell me about these two? They're both 1/18th and the one on the right is supposed to be British. Can you enlighten me any further?
Easy....the colors are different and the machine gun is mounted low on the British....Americans mounted them high...so the driver wouldn't get shot in the back ;) .............. :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Sounds like it can be pretty rough for British drivers. Ouch. Hate it when that happens!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Max-U52 wrote:Sounds like it can be pretty rough for British drivers. Ouch. Hate it when that happens!
LOL...just think about the ol' "Muffler burns" that can happen from hot barrels 8O ..... :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So this guy reported for duty today, only to find his airsoft cannon ain't spittin' out BBs. But, that's minor so I'll add him to the list. This might get to be a rather long thread, but those can be the best kind, right?

Return to “Show Off”