A34 Comet

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: A34 Comet

Post by MichaelC »

Finally putting some finishing touches on it. Replaced the plastic tracks and sprockets with metal tracks and late Pz IV sprockets as its 1st battle day didn't do too well. I think the sprockets actually looks pretty good so I am going to leave it. Headlights (Mod Tiger Is), guards, commander's cupola's splash guard and decals (just from parts bin and see what looks reasonable, not after historical accuracy). Quite happy with it as it is one of my favourite British tank, probably from my teenage 1/72 and 1/76 war gaming days and it is the only British tank that has any chance against my brother's Tigers and Panthers....... At least I get to roll the dice :-)
DSCN1180a.jpg
DSCN1181a.jpg
DSCN1182a.jpg
DSCN1183a.jpg
MichaelC.
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Michael,
Now that I like top notch :thumbup: . Brian...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Top View please :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Nah...it's too pretty...photos are good enough....Now if it had a Crusader turret...that might be a different story :D

ALPHA
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Wow. That looks really great. Why do you say it didn't do well on battle day? Was that before changing tracks, etc? Do you run your clark with the throttle on the same stick as steering or on the opposite stick?

Again, great looking tank. :clap: :clap: :clap: I really am impressed and it's even got me thinking maybe I should think about a British tank for my little village.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks everyone. I quite like it myself and it turn out better than I expected being the first kit from Chirstian Ludwig. Second kit is on order.......

ALPHA, here you go...... Are you looking for something specific ? Let me know and I will take pictures for you. Not everything is from the kit and I have to improvise.
DSCN1185.JPG
Max, I had the early Pz III plastic sprockets and plastic tracks on battle day and it didn't last. The tank was just too light, no grip at all on the short grass, and the plastic track came off the sprockets in the first battle and I didn't use it again. The metal late Pz IV sprockets seems to have more contact on the metal tracks, and both being metal there is some weight to it. I run my Clark board with steering and throttle on the right stick, turret rotation and elevation on the left stick, fire/MG/Lights and engine on/off are located on the switches (Using Turnigy 9XR with ER9x Anzio firmware from RCTA).

MichaelC.
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Post by chris3 »

hi

you did a nice job with the tank :-). i like the idea with the leopard roadweels, looks good and saves alot of costs building a comet. :-).

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Chris, its even better now after a new paint job by dgsselkirk.........

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19362
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow I'm seeing this one for the first time and it's absolutely beautiful work. Would have never imagined such parts would work together and be so convincing
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks Carl...... The new owner is a fellow local club member here so I still see it once in a while. Even though the upper is a little delicate the lower runs around like a bat out of hell. It was quite the combination (T34 robust suspension, with the heavy Leo metal road wheels and the skinny Pz IV tracks which has better contact than the T34 tracks).

One of a kind no less...... ;-)

Return to “Show Off”