Tamiya Jagdpanther

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
kwiky
Private

Tamiya Jagdpanther

Post by kwiky »

After finally repairing the rear idler swinging arm on my Tam JP (thanks to the kind folks on here who helped me) I thought I'd get it finished off ready for the delivery of my new Torro King Tiger, which I plan to start pretty much straight away. I use my tanks pretty heavily so PE parts are no good, but I do enjoy painting my tanks and weathering them so while I am not bothered about perfect historical accuracy, I do like them to look pretty realistic, to me anyway.

Since I took these pics I've added a few other bits and bobs so I'll try to get more pictures later but these give a rough idea. The front steel plating I wanted to add, mainly because I wanted to try and replicate rusty steel (they are not quite finished yet) but didn't want to cover the vehicle itself in it, so I figured I could have the crew maybe cut some plates from something else and stick them on the front.

Anyway, all feedback welcome.

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanther

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Nice Jagdpanther! Great job on the rust as well!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
kwiky
Private

Post by kwiky »

Thanks painless, it looks a lot better in the flesh, photographing models is harder than building them! Lol
Once it's complete I'll get some outside shots and post them up.
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Nice JP I like the extra armour look.
Stevie
Peter22
Recruit

Post by Peter22 »

Nice...I must say that this is one of the best model. You truly get what you done for this model.Thanks for sharing.
kwiky
Private

Post by kwiky »

thanks you for the kind replies gents :)
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

I really like the rusty add-on plates. It really sells the idea that the crew grabbed some industrial metal plate that they found and welded it on.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Stugie_4
Recruit

Post by Stugie_4 »

Dude great work on this tank love your rust work its an awesome jagdpanther I'm a big fan of tank destroyer
StuG III ,Panther,king tiger
Stugie_4
Recruit

Post by Stugie_4 »

Dude great work on this tank love your rust work its an awesome jagdpanther I'm a big fan of tank destroyer
StuG III ,Panther,king tiger
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Awesome job, those rusty steel plates are completely lifelike! I hope your little daughter is o.k. man, so sorry to read.

Return to “Show Off”