Tiger 332

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
ddskipper
Recruit

Tiger 332

Post by ddskipper »

Working to finish my 1/6 scale Field of Armor King Tiger #332. Still have the commanders cupola to finish then can get busy weathering and doing some battle damage to her. Bendini sound system, Panzerlied song along with commander speaking in German, bow machine gun hooked to a servo, drivers head hooked to steering servo, headlight and formation lights, radiator fans working among many working features. Scratch built my own real torsion bar suspension to support the 300 lbs. of weight. Runs on 12V system with two 18 amp hour batteries so I can run her all day long. Also working on a recoil system to simulate the recoil.
tiger.JPG
tiger.JPG (54.96 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Attachments
inside.JPG
inside.JPG (60.49 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tiger 332

Post by Will01Capri »

What a lovely beast, very very very nice
Totally jealous :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A beautiful, and high-spec creation!. :thumbup:
Seeing this reminds me that somewhere in Santa FE, Mike and Dave have built a half scale, petrol-engined King tiger, with a steel hull and aluminium Turret. My son, who lives in Switzerland sent me the link yesterday:

http://www.koenigstiger.ch/english/2019 ... eason.html

Do check it out!. It has a few pics of the interior of Mike's showstopping runner.
Incidentally, I've actually seen the WW2 KT restoration at Full/Reuenthal in the 'flesh', so to speak- and it's certainly a pretty awe-inspiring sight. :O
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Looks wonderful... and then it sinks in that it is a hefty300lbs. ;D

How do you get it on the bench? :{
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

DDskipper,

Eric here again. That is a beauty! Knowing where you're from and what you do, I'll ask you this question. Back in the late 1990's there was a Gentleman whom I believe was a retired U.S. Navy machinist that scratch built large scale WW2 German RC armor. By large scale I think they were 1/4 if not 1/2 scale size! :crazy: I'm pretty sure one was a Hetzer and the other possibly a StuG III? At any rate, he used to trailer them to the Edmond's Ferry Terminal and run them around in the overflow parking lot. I saw them quite a few times but was always on the way to a job site across the Sound and never had the time to stop to talk to him and check them out up close. Given your background just wondering if you had ever seen these monsters?

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

Estnische wrote:Looks wonderful... and then it sinks in that it is a hefty300lbs. ;D

How do you get it on the bench? :{
Its a handful, but i use some aluminum ramps that i use to also get it into the back of my SUV. They work great as they fold up and can be thrown in the car with my tank to use to back it out of the car also. Thanks for the praise, appreciate it.
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

EAO wrote:DDskipper,

Eric here again. That is a beauty! Knowing where you're from and what you do, I'll ask you this question. Back in the late 1990's there was a Gentleman whom I believe was a retired U.S. Navy machinist that scratch built large scale WW2 German RC armor. By large scale I think they were 1/4 if not 1/2 scale size! :crazy: I'm pretty sure one was a Hetzer and the other possibly a StuG III? At any rate, he used to trailer them to the Edmond's Ferry Terminal and run them around in the overflow parking lot. I saw them quite a few times but was always on the way to a job site across the Sound and never had the time to stop to talk to him and check them out up close. Given your background just wondering if you had ever seen these monsters?

Cheers,
Eric.
Never had the chance to see them in person but have heard of him also. Saw a picture once of his Hetzer at a local hobby store once and it looked great. Some people just like to go BIG i guess, lol. Thanks for the comment.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Very cool!! Love 1/6 stuff! Ive always been afraid that if I buy one... well Ill need another... and at that scale it simply wont fit! :haha:
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

Tiger.JPG
Tiger.JPG (49.71 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Jnewboy wrote:Very cool!! Love 1/6 stuff! Ive always been afraid that if I buy one... well Ill need another... and at that scale it simply wont fit! :haha:
I know what you mean as this is my second one, first was a 1/6 scale Tiger late model. Made it a R/C also and had so much fun with it I just had to buy one more and made it a King Tiger, but now im looking at building the Jagtiger! I need help!! LOL so yes i know what you are saying, becomes a habit that you just cant kick.
Tiger.JPG
Tiger.JPG (49.71 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

ddskipper wrote:
Tiger.JPG
Jnewboy wrote:Very cool!! Love 1/6 stuff! Ive always been afraid that if I buy one... well Ill need another... and at that scale it simply wont fit! :haha:
I know what you mean as this is my second one, first was a 1/6 scale Tiger late model. Made it a R/C also and had so much fun with it I just had to buy one more and made it a King Tiger, but now im looking at building the Jagtiger! I need help!! LOL so yes i know what you are saying, becomes a habit that you just cant kick.
Tiger.JPG
Very nice!! I would love a 1/6 Panther, early, classic curves... :thumbup:

Any suggestions?

Return to “Show Off”