Norinco WZ-551 Infantry Fighting Vehicle

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Sub
Sergeant

Re: Norinco WZ-551 Infantry Fighting Vehicle

Post by Sub »

Hi Chaps.
Thank you for the comments and encouragement, thx for the link too Louis for the UN decals, i will have a go at printing some off from the PC as i have some decal paper and various fonts stored somewhere for decal printing if it goes South then will invest in these, the TK 40 would work well but out of my price range im afraid, but i have something up my sleeve so to speak, will add any updates to the thread.
Thx again
Sub.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I just thought perhaps rad could knock some decals up for it.
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi,
Finally got around to doing a little bit more on this model, still needs some gunfire, but a short video of the functions it now has, hope you find it of some interest.
Sub.
https://youtu.be/NGwj8ph_2gI
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Very nice. Gonna do some funky Chinese digital camo on it?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi,
Thx for your interest, i thought about it, but decided on it being a UN peace keeper, still need to make the decals, started them, but then got side tracked again..it doesn't take much.....so many vehicles such little time lol.
Sub.
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

That is exceptional modeling, Sub, exacting and precise. Just 'knocked together'" eh? You know how bad that makes some of us feel? :haha:
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi Mr Schwerepanzer

Just 'knocked together'" eh? You know how bad that makes some of us feel? :haha:[/quote]

Not my intention i can assure you :wave: it was just to show with a little bit of lateral thinking and copious amounts of spare bits that we all have laying about what might be achievable or not ? more of an experiment really.

I think it would be within the capabilities of most here, its just a collection of bits really, started out by an idea of a good friend of mine who had a kids plastic push toy and wondered if it could be converted to Rc but for various reasons asked my opinion, so i had a go, i made one for him using as mentioned earlier WPL truck parts modified to fit into the plastic tub mixed with some spare Heng Long tank parts that we had between us the tub and wheel wells all had to be cut out and remade to fit the wheels axles, gearboxes , turret ring, gun etc servos speedo , when finished he gave me one of the spare tubs he had for helping him and so this one came about. Cheers Si.
It took a lot of thinking and planning i admit, it wasn't easy as the space inside is VERY limited due to the huge 6 wheel wells of the original plastic toy, but was satisfying to get it to fit and look something presentable with some working features, pleased you liked it. :thumbup:
Regards.
Sub.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What fine work, Sub! You have created a truly admirable model. With the UN peacekeeper markings you will be adding yet more unusual and interesting quality to what is already outstanding.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

That looks really nice, great details
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Sub,

That's a great looking IFV! Love the detail, and at this point it looks so nice and clean with great lines! :haha: Very cool!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Show Off”