Inventory

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Inventory

Post by Jimster »

Christian Ludwig is awesome. I just ordered some goodies from him today. It seems fitting to get parts for a German tank from a German vendor.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:. It seems fitting to get parts for a German tank from a German vendor.
:D Indeed, and there's also a touch of irony in Christian being practically the sole provider of quality WW2 British tank kits in 1/16 scale... :shh: :)
Recently, however, DKLM and Clark seem to be following in his tracks. Some hope there, then...for extra choice.
The Japanese, in the form of Tamiya, have completely overlooked WW2 British armour in 1/16.
Even the legendary Centurion ( or world's first MBT) is totally absent in 1/16.. :thumbdown: I wonder why?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Jimster wrote:Christian Ludwig is awesome.
He is.
Jimster wrote:I’m thinking about a Leopard as my next tank.
HL Leo2A6 is a good tank, but it does have some issues. Since it's a large tank with a plastic hull it flexes a bit, so you might want to consider stiffening the hull. Also, because it has a large turret ring and small diameter drive sprockets driven by standard HL mechanicals, the tank isn't as responsive and agile as you'd expect a modern MBT with a monster 1500 hp, 48 liter 12 cylinder to be. Finally, the tracks on the real thing are double pin hinged but on the HL model they're single pin hinged, so they don't behave quite like the real thing, so you might want to invest in aftermarket tracks and mechanicals.

Still, it's an impressive model, the detail is on a high level and as far as I can tell, so's the scale accuracy. It's certainly a worthy base to start from.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks for the heads up!
Burt65
Recruit

Post by Burt65 »

Lert wrote:
Jimster wrote:Christian Ludwig is awesome.
He is.
Jimster wrote:I’m thinking about a Leopard as my next tank.
HL Leo2A6 is a good tank, but it does have some issues. Since it's a large tank with a plastic hull it flexes a bit, so you might want to consider stiffening the hull. Also, because it has a large turret ring and small diameter drive sprockets driven by standard HL mechanicals, the tank isn't as responsive and agile as you'd expect a modern MBT with a monster 1500 hp, 48 liter 12 cylinder to be. Finally, the tracks on the real thing are double pin hinged but on the HL model they're single pin hinged, so they don't behave quite like the real thing, so you might want to invest in aftermarket tracks and mechanicals.

Still, it's an impressive model, the detail is on a high level and as far as I can tell, so's the scale accuracy. It's certainly a worthy base to start from.
I got to agree on this. I have the HL 2A6 and it is a very good starting point, but it doesn't flex that much unless you use the magnets instead of the screws to hold the top, but yes the turret is very slow on standard gear.

I think you will find that, the engine in the real thing, the MTU MT883 is only 27.4 (27,361cc)litres not 48 as mentioned above. :D
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi Navy Chief.
Nice couple of modern MBT's.
If you would like to view my Challenger upgrade thread it may help you to stop it throwing the tracks mine used to but not anymore.
In modern tanks section
View scratch built Challenger auto track adjusters.
Particularly the sprockets anti slip rings.
Regards Sub

Return to “Show Off”