Men of Bronze Diorama

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jumpugly
Private

Re: Men of Bronze Diorama

Post by jumpugly »

Gentlemen!
I do sincerely appreciate your candor and am deeply sorry if my initial posts seemed as if they were a plug for Jeff's figures. My intention was to present an alternative project "style" on this site that I happened to be guided to by some folks a PlanetFigure.com. I fear that I may have annoyed some folks and was a bit shocked upon entering this site that another member sought to attack my motives in addition to criticise my work in this particular project. As a result I fear I have bungled my entrance and for that I am deeply sorry.
In essence, I ventured onto a project outside of my usual "wheelhouse" in design, as a favor to an acquaintance. He and I both felt that Jeff's figures would be an incredible complement to tanks in this scale (that you all know so well) and I do feel that they are.
Be that as it may, I do hope to be able to move forward, although I will seek to tread lightly from now on.
Hopefully you will allow me the benefit of "no harm no foul" moving forward as my entrance and enthusiasm to your site may have been misunderstood.
Kindest regards, Guy
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

They look great.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Guy, don’t worry mate, I think your first post was spot onImageImageImage
I was into RC boats for years & it would horrify me to see the state of the figures people would put on their models that had taken years to create, most looked like they’d been made out of play doh!
It appears I have quite a few of Jeff’s figures that I bought from Banggood & Aliexpress but I had no idea who made them, so thanks for the info.
Here’s my latest purchase, can’t wait for it to arrive lol

These figures are fresh & exciting, I just need to learn how to paint the bloody things lol
Does Jeff have a website?
Oh & welcome to the forumImageImageImageImageImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

midlife306 wrote: Does Jeff have a website?
Oh & welcome to the forumImageImageImageImageImage
http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/products.html Basically it is just a list (with pictures) of his products. Looking at the prices he charges, I am thinking that the items on Aliexpress may be Chinese copies.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

WHEW!!!!! You guys are all Aces! Thanks for the kind words. All good!
And I'm with Wayne (midlife306) on figure models over the years. Some were so bad that putting them in something you put 200 build hours (or more) into was a crime. Hence my enthusiasm for Jeff's work in a scale that matched part of the r/c tank world. And yes, Richard (silversurfer) is right; it seems that Shiu's sculpts have been copied/stolen especially from unknown individuals in the USSR and possibly China...a slippery slope when you are just a guy selling stuff out of your garage.
As for correct and exquisite figure painting techniques I get my cues from some of the artists at PlanetFigure. http://www.planetfigure.com/
Some of the work those folks are doing is incredible. BTW, my Tiger Tank "presentation" didn't go over too well with the purists over there. LOL! Although I think a few of them found it "interesting" and a novel idea. ;)
Be that as it may, I'll be done soon and will move onto another project and will delve much deeper into what you are up to. I've seen some King Tigers on this site that are absolutely incredible!!!
More to follow and Best to all!
-- Guy
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Welcome to the forum Guy,

A lot of great builds and info to be gleaned from this site for the newcomer and seasoned modeller alike, but most of all have fun, that's what it's all about :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Thanks again for the encouragement folks! It is greatly appreciated.
Here is a sample of my usual work prior to armor. 1/8 scale tribute piece.
More to follow!
Best, Guy
Attachments
JamesHunt_01.png
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

And yes, this will be the last time I upload a non-armor photo!
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

And I mean it.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ole James Hunt looks real accurate !
Outstanding job on the McLaren mate.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Show Off”