Crazy Joes 1944 M36B1

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Crazy Joes 1944 M36B1

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:43rdR&R,
Good afternoon! I'm working on driving better with a two stick TX. The M36B1s extreme weight carries it through scrub that might snag a lighter vehicle. I checked it over carefully after that extended run and everything was where it was supposed to be. Go 3M !! From that spot with the sage down to the NE most fence corner is where the Tank Run is going to be. One of my projects this summer is fence it off and start carving out and building up topography. Thanks for watching!
regards,
Painless
Good Evening, Painless. Lately, I've found myself glued to the Tour de France..it's like a virtual trip around the Alps, Pyrenees, and other beauty spots (Chateaux, Fortresses, historic towns etc.,) in France. The viewers ride along with the 'lads in lycra' courtesy of Motorcycle mounted cameras, Helicopter- cameras and more. It's utterly immersive. In time, maybe we will go on a virtual 'Tour De Painless' Tank Park', when you invest in a turret mounted camera. That'll be a day worth waiting for! :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening all. I got a neat thing in today which I had been waiting for to upgrade the M36s performance. The neatness is a 10 channel RX made to work with that Flysky radio that I got from MaxMekker to run the late Tiger 1 that I got from Jackalope. It works great with Clark boards and both the Tiger and the M36 use Clark TK-24s. To make a long story short, I sat aside the old six channel RX and the equally old Flysky i-4 type TX that MATO uses with these metal tanks and dropped in the just bound 10 channel. I had saved the M36 to the Flysky as Model 2 and after I charged the battery and hooked everything back up, I did a short video showing off the new ease of functionality ( and it was too!...so much easier than the TX that came with the tank from MATO ). Anyway, here is the video link and a couple of pics: ( click to enlarge )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgBjx6TirA
Attachments
Flysky for the win
Flysky for the win
The home base for the new 10 channel RX
The home base for the new 10 channel RX
Flysky plus the new little tripod and phone mount I found to help do tank videos.
Flysky plus the new little tripod and phone mount I found to help do tank videos.
New 10 channel RX ensures that I can use my new Flysky TX to run this one now.
New 10 channel RX ensures that I can use my new Flysky TX to run this one now.
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wonderful radio and an absolute pleasure to operate with the Clark boards.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
I could not agree more, my friend. ;o) It made a world of difference being able to easily assign operations and then quickly find them ( and have them work right off the bat )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Niels jansen
Recruit

Post by Niels jansen »

Wow that looks great.
Love your work.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Eve!
Thanks, Doc! Appreciated!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

This radio is great fun for sure. Only 4 batteries, plenty of options and editing ability. Its fun to play with that. Have to get me a phone mount as well. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Show Off”