1/16 R/C MRAPS

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

1/16 R/C MRAPS

Post by tankme »

This was posted on RCU, but I was excited enough that I bought one of each:

http://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-Maxx-Pro-MRAP_1
http://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-M-ATV-MRAP_1

Looks like Torro has R/C'd the 1/16 Trumpeter MRAPs. I already have the static versions that I was planning on R/C'ing, but since they did it for me I might sell my static kits. :)

Derek
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Kaczor

Re: 1/16 R/C MRAPS

Post by Kaczor »

Please make review when they came :) I'm curious about suspension.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

For those in the UK, forgebear is stocking these :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
Nice to see,
I wondered when some one else was going to do it...should go well with my scratch built Cougar MRAP :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=29804
Regards.
Sub.
tankme

Post by tankme »

My MRAPs got here from Germany mostly intact. I had to do some minor repairs to them. The doors need to be taped closed and that would've stopped the damage. They do not have any suspension, they are only two wheel drive, and they are very fragile so they are not for crawling or bashing. The tires are a little hard, but they are exactly the same tires that come in the static kits. Overall I'm happy with them so far. The build quality of the kit is quite high. I don't see any sanding marks or sprue leftovers on the parts. The electronics are the same as what is in the M16 halftrack. Still need to get them out for a test drive. I may still build the two static kits I have into R/C so they can be four wheel drive with a suspension. That's a long way down the road so these will fill the void until that time. The static kits are bought and paid for so no hurry to sell them at this point. I'll see if I can get a video made this weekend of them running. I have full photos over at RCU. I'll have to find away to upload them to be viewed here.
Derek
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Ouch. After seeing that post over at RCU, I'd take a pass on this & get HG's larger P602 MRAP. Just like the Hummer I have, they are built like a proverbial brick Scheisse Haus given all the metal used & come with all wheel drive.

https://youtu.be/X-Rrrv73PIE
tankme

Post by tankme »

Looks like there won't be a video at this point. My satisfaction level for these two vehicles has taken a massive drop this evening. I was testing out the Maxxpro, everything was looking good, put it down on the carpet, it ran for about 2 min, and then died. No lights and no movement. I took the batteries out and put them in the M-ATV. It started up and ran around, but there was so much lag in the controls that I kept hitting things. Even firing the gun or turning the turret created a massive lag from when you let off to when it stopped. I will go out and get a bunch of fresh batteries to make sure it's not the batteries, but it was no fun to drive like that. Nothing I did would get the Maxxpro to start up again. I took the battery pack out of the M-ATV which was working and used in the Maxxpro and nothing turned on. Both battery packs use the same amount of batteries. I knew there was a reason I never buy things right when they are released.
Derek
tankme

Post by tankme »

Looks like a Youtuber has the same electronics issue with his M-ATV as I did with my Maxxpro - electronics dead after a few minutes of running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHI4FS3 ... m-comments
Derek

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”