Treadplate.

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
jarndice
Colonel

Treadplate.

Post by jarndice »

Having taken delivery from Will of a pair of beautifully made 5th wheels I started searching for Treadplate to cover the exposed truck chassis, ABER's product seems to be out of stock wherever I looked, Archers Treadplate decals is not available in 1/16 so I searched the www and found---
www.slatersplastikard.com
They have Plasticard sheet in different thicknesses and available in different scales and patterns including brick and roof tiles and of course treadplate the sheet is 12"x 8"/33mm x 20mm the pattern is clearly defined on the smooth side and raised on the other side giving one the choice of which side up you want it to be.
Two downsides They don't accept Pay-Pal and they have a minimum order of £10 but it is a very nice product and I recommend them :thumbup:
I am not sure how useful it would be on a 1/16 Tank body as it is a little too thick but I may give it a try later.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Treadplate.

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you search you will find a lot of railway modeller shops stock Slater Plastikard, accept PayPal and don't have minimum oder quantities.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I found my arbor set on Ebay for like $16 shipped from Poland ( so cheaper if your in the UK)
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I use JTT products available on ebay, very cheap, large sheets and good quality. As an example, JTT 97449 is a perfect 1/16 compatible single diamond treadplate for US tanks.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

These comments would have been more useful for people searching for treadplate if they had been placed on the Forum BEFORE I put mine on :thumbdown:
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

DOH!
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

jarndice wrote:These comments would have been more useful for people searching for treadplate if they had been placed on the Forum BEFORE I put mine on :thumbdown:
I have had no need to post before. I was merely adding information to your post.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Which one did you go for as I need some. I'll also see if I can call in: they're near the archery club.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Rob, I went for 5 sheets of "Ref number 0448 Treadplate 1.25",
But 4 sheets will get you to £10.52 which would be Slaters Plastikard minimum BUT if you take the BE-lated advice of other members of the Forum you can apparently get it cheaper and with Pay-Pal if you shop around. :/
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:Having taken delivery from Will of a pair of beautifully made 5th wheels I started searching for Treadplate to cover the exposed truck chassis, ABER's product seems to be out of stock wherever I looked, Archers Treadplate decals is not available in 1/16 so I searched the www and found---
http://www.slatersplastikard.com
They have Plasticard sheet in different thicknesses and available in different scales and patterns including brick and roof tiles and of course treadplate the sheet is 12"x 8"/33mm x 20mm the pattern is clearly defined on the smooth side and raised on the other side giving one the choice of which side up you want it to be.
Two downsides They don't accept Pay-Pal and they have a minimum order of £10 but it is a very nice product and I recommend them :thumbup:
I am not sure how useful it would be on a 1/16 Tank body as it is a little too thick but I may give it a try later.
Glad you like them, put them to the test and let me know how you get on with them. Be great to see some built into a model, i haven't finished my prime mover yet for Vietnam era.
As for treadplate, i wonder if i could maybe print some. Oh dear im off to try something else! haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”