TRX-4 Reborn

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
jackalope
Lieutenant

TRX-4 Reborn

Post by jackalope »

Hello all, hope everyone is having a great new year so far. Now that I'm out of work I have found myself with loads of extra time on my hands and I'd been collecting parts to fix my TRX-4 so I finally got around to it and today was it's first run after being down since before my surgery. (May 2018)

Here it is all rebuilt with a new body!

https://youtu.be/wxSIuGuYvvc
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: TRX-4 Reborn

Post by silversurfer1947 »

You have got some great trail routes to run. I have a TRX4 Land Rover Defender which I would love to run over terrain like that
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Thanks! Ohhhhh you have no idea! I wish I had someone to go with me to video it I have cliffs, waterfalls, rock strewn gullies, and tons of rock walls and boulders to crawl over!

But no one around here has any. :'(
williamthedog
Private

Post by williamthedog »

IMG_20171125_122834_compress17_resize_62.jpg
I just love my Trx4. I've got a disused quarry near me which is ideal for trail blazing. I've spent a fortune on it, but enjoyed doing so.
Attachments
IMG_20171128_102919_compress76_resize_82.jpg
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

That's one good looking truck! I have a Land Rover body and frame as that's what mine started out life as. Mine was originally gray, couldn't find a red one here in the states. But I got a clear body and made my own Camel truck. I still have this body with all it's functioning lights.

https://youtu.be/5kVlpAhMPCU
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That camel truck is very, very cool. That's almost like the trucks they run to film the big cats in Africa. I'm still looking for a suitable 1/16 scale Land Rover type truck to convert to a camera vehicle. I've got a couple of likely candidates but so far I haven't found anything that strikes me as just perfect.

And you'd think with all that time on your hands you would put together a couple of 3D printed trucks for an old buddy in Detroit, but noooo. That 1/10 scale bug seems to have you looked pretty well. Should I call a doctor? Do you need to go to rehab? @) :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A truly impressive setting, and equally impressive truck performance, Terry :thumbup: Do you have four arms, I wonder? Or, did you have a camera fitted to your forehead, whilst handling the TX?
However it was done, it was done well. :thumbup:
Really hope all's well with you too!
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Max, LOL! I'm trying to find a job.

Roy, Drive with left hand film with my right. Which really limits what I can video cause it isn't easy driving the truck and videoing at the same time.

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”