Fayee 1/16 Six Wheeler RC Truck.

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
jarndice
Colonel

Fayee 1/16 Six Wheeler RC Truck.

Post by jarndice »

I was interested in buying the Fayee 1/16 Six Wheeler RC Truck from BANGGOOD because it was on offer for about £40, There was a Tilt Option at extra cost but there was a long waiting time,
I scoured E-Bay and found "SQUARETWO 2-9" in the UK (Basildon) selling the truck at £40 Plain and for an extra £5 with a Tilt.
I ordered it on the 30 August and it arrived this morning (04/09/2019) In perfect order,
Indeed there is only one thing that puzzles me and that is that the really handy little carry case it comes in says it is 1/12 Scale ???
But having done some comparison measurements with other 1/16 RC Trucks it is 1/14 or maybe 1/16 but not 1/12,
The Tailgate does drop down although the ads don't mention it and the Doors open displaying a well fitted out cab although a few instrument decals and a drop of paint would make the interior even better,
The Mirrors need a splash of Humbrol Acrylic Chrome paint.
The tilt comes with Metal Hoops and everything fits very well and a nice touch is the Steel Rod in the tilts rear flap that allows a suitably placed magnet on the inside of the tailgate to hold the flap securely closed.
A very good value Truck, Recommended. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Fayee 1/16 Six Wheeler RC Truck.

Post by Max-U52 »

Some photos would be very cool. Have you ever tried bare metal foil for the mirrors? I find it a lot easier and get a better result than I do with paint.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Chrome pen - it’s magic!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E7EFSVU/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Molotow Liquid Chrome Pump Marker Pen (1mm Nib) is Available on E-Bay for £5.85 +85p postage =£6.70,
But thanks for the name of the product which set me off on my search.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I received this pen by first class post this morning and ten minutes later all my trucks had true working mirrors.
If you are into trucks then this magical little pen is a must have.
This has a 1mm nib which is great for detailing but larger nibbed pens are available,
£5.85 + 85p Postage well spent.
Refills are available and I think I am going to need one soon :haha:
Jimbo Thank you for the heads up :thumbup:

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”